Paxton pulley size at high altitude.

Krace

Established Member
What I need to know is what pulley size I need to hit 9-10psi here in Colorado(~6500ft). I plan on getting the Beefcake Paxton set up and im looking to make 650+ (a little more is fine :banana:) on e85.

I know that the stock (3.6 I think?) pulley makes 7-8 psi with the stock airbox at sea level.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Different blower, but when I had the 2.9 whipple up here I saw 3 to 4lbs less than what the same pulley was supposed to do at sea level.

PM truebluedevil02, he has a buddy in junction that put a paxton on his ride and should be able to give you some ideas of what pulley does what up here.

calgarybandit

Established Member
With the stock box or with a CAI and at what rpm? I think I'll go with the 3.33, I am going to keep it at 7k. That may put me at 9-10 psi.

I am going with the 3.33 I figure about 9-11 PSI (4000 ish DA in Calgary) going to keep the stock motor only until the new 5.0 block is released from Ford. I am keeping my Boss intake on but shifting at 7100 RPM.

Last edited:

calgarybandit

Established Member
Going with the Paxton 8 rib kit 3.33 pulley, ID 1000. return fuel system with all of my mods hoping for 9-11 PSI at my elevation. Run this combo until the new Ford block is out then it's built motor and 2.95 pulley.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Going with the Paxton 8 rib kit 3.33 pulley, ID 1000. return fuel system with all of my mods hoping for 9-11 PSI at my elevation. Run this combo until the new Ford block is out then it's built motor and 2.95 pulley.

will be a very nice pulley on that 2200!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
OP, My buddy and I installed a base Paxton kit on his 2012 GT in Grand Junction(4700ft) and he is seeing 7.5psi with the JLT air filter and the base pulley. You will probably want to go down to a 3.33" to see the boost your hoping for. Also, consider that for get 650whp up here you will need to make close to 800whp SAE corrected.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
It isn't hard to make 600 SAE in Colorado. I did it with Lund's tuning and the stock paxton kit. It was right at 500 uncorrected.

With the o/r x pipe, E-85 and the intake mods, you are going to be damn close to 650 SAE.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Different blower, but when I had the 2.9 whipple up here I saw 3 to 4lbs less than what the same pulley was supposed to do at sea level.

PM truebluedevil02, he has a buddy in junction that put a paxton on his ride and should be able to give you some ideas of what pulley does what up here.

Please explain...

Krace

Established Member
It isn't hard to make 600 SAE in Colorado. I did it with Lund's tuning and the stock paxton kit. It was right at 500 uncorrected.

With the o/r x pipe, E-85 and the intake mods, you are going to be damn close to 650 SAE.

Ok koo, thats what I wanted to know. Thank you!... But I do plan on going back to the stock manifold though. I don't plan on going to 7500 on boost.

Last edited:

Krace

Established Member
OP, My buddy and I installed a base Paxton kit on his 2012 GT in Grand Junction(4700ft) and he is seeing 7.5psi with the JLT air filter and the base pulley. You will probably want to go down to a 3.33" to see the boost your hoping for. Also, consider that for get 650whp up here you will need to make close to 800whp SAE corrected.

I'm only looking to make 650hp~ SAE. So yeah, the 3.33 looks to be what I want. TY for the info!

ColoStang12

Established Member
Installing beefcake special right now. About halfway through the process. I'm in Denver and also dealing with altitude. Using id1000's, vortech boost-a-pump, and 3.6" pulley. I plan to start with the 3.6" and then go down from there. I also have the Boss intake and other bolt on mods. Looking for 600hp+.

We should compare notes once install is complete.

calgarybandit

Established Member
Installing beefcake special right now. About halfway through the process. I'm in Denver and also dealing with altitude. Using id1000's, vortech boost-a-pump, and 3.6" pulley. I plan to start with the 3.6" and then go down from there. I also have the Boss intake and other bolt on mods. Looking for 600hp+.

We should compare notes once install is complete

Please update with your boost, octane type and timing used.

Krace

Established Member
Please update with your boost, octane type and timing used.

I will also do the same, this will be good info to have for people in Colorado with this kit.

I just put my order in for the kit last Friday, I cant wait to start playing with this :).

Ill be gunning for e85 at 8~9psi, Im using the stock manifuld, JLT CAI and the 3.47 pulley.
If I have to use the 3.6 pulley for e85 I will.

Users who are viewing this thread