paxton on 01 cobra

blownCOB

Established Member
i have an 01 cobra with a novi 1000 and it put down 415rwhp with the stock pulley on it. i think the stocker is 3.50. which pulley should i put in next., the 3.25 or the 3.00. how much boost increase am i lookin at with a bigger pulley. and all my numbers are on stock exhaust. what numbers will i be puttin down with a bigger pulley and full exhaust?

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I can't tell you for sure how much more boost you'll be making but prolly around 12 pounds of boost. But make sure your tune is really good, i wouldn't really want to go much higher than 450rwhp on a Stock Bottom End Cobra.

SlwSVT

Established Member
Hey BlownCOB,

I have an 01 with a Novi1k, pro chamber off road, catback and 4.10 gears. I have an SCT tune and the car is pig rich. It would not even register on the dyno graph (below 10:1 AF). But it still put down 446 to the wheels and this is with a 3.25" pulley. I picked up 2#'s of boost over the 3.00" pulley. To gain the boost I had to put a 1 1/2" shorter belt on there. Make sure your tune is safe when adding more boost. Also, when putting the smaller pulley on I have had to adjust the timing because the car would ping on speed shifts and tip in throttle. Let me know if you do the 3", I am curious to see how much boost you pick up.

Mike

svtroush

Established Member
i have the novi 1000 i i went with the 2.75 pulley they said i would gain 3 ponuds of boost when i get the car back i will let you no i am running 10 pounds right now

Last edited:

blownCOB

Established Member
so which pulley should i go to, i have the stock one right now which is 3.5 so you think i should get 3.25 or 3?

SlwSVT

Established Member
It all depends on how much belt slip you get and what your tune is. More boost is gonna lean it out and you need to make sure you have enough fuel or you will pop a piston quick. You will gain 2#'s with the 3.25" and figure 3#'s with the 3.00". Reason being is your chances of belt slip are greater the smaller you go. Put a 106.5" belt on there with the smaller pulley. I believe stock is 108". The 106.5" belt is a pain to get on, but with another person helping you, you will get it on.

Users who are viewing this thread