Paxton MT82 auto accel problem

Pred_mech

Established Member
My car will auto accel at low speeds and climb to about 3500 RPMS only in gear. When I pull it out of gear it goes back to idle no problem. Sometimes though when I pull it out of gear it revs another 500-900 RPMs before going back down. I'm working with my tuner to solve this, but I figured maybe someone else has seen this and has any input.

Paxton kit, stock pulley with id1000s and Vortech universal BAP. Brisk silvers gapped at .034. I live at 4100 ft.

Pred_mech

Established Member
I am working with my tuner, he is just very busy so its been taking a long time. We are on tune #3 now.

I amlost got into a car accident yesterday when I was approaching a traffic circle and before I could take it out of gear it started to push me through even while I was standing on the brakes.​

2012csgt

Established Member
I am working with my tuner, he is just very busy so its been taking a long time. We are on tune #3 now.

I amlost got into a car accident yesterday when I was approaching a traffic circle and before I could take it out of gear it started to push me through even while I was standing on the brakes.​

Whos tune are you running?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the throttles are electronically controlled, it's a simple fix, they should be able to square you away with a change

Pred_mech

Established Member
the throttles are electronically controlled, it's a simple fix, they should be able to square you away with a change

Cool, I just wish I could get tunes faster than 1 every 1 to 2 weeks... I still haven't been given the green light to go WOT all the way or dyno it...

RFM50

Established Member
Check for a vacume leak. Do you have breathers on the Pcv valves? If so check to make sure the caps didn't pop off the intake manifold or the intake pipe. I am only saying this because I had this happen and the car acted just like your describing. The cap on the passenger side for the intake manifold would pop off under any kind of boost. Come to find out the kit I bought was supposed to have supplied hose clams for the caps and it didn't and I didn't think much of it.

Pred_mech

Established Member
Check for a vacume leak. Do you have breathers on the Pcv valves? If so check to make sure the caps didn't pop off the intake manifold or the intake pipe. I am only saying this because I had this happen and the car acted just like your describing. The cap on the passenger side for the intake manifold would pop off under any kind of boost. Come to find out the kit I bought was supposed to have supplied hose clams for the caps and it didn't and I didn't think much of it.

I don't run breathers and everything is tight. Only a post MAF leak could cause this, but the tune would see it when the O2s try to compensate for the unmetered air.

Users who are viewing this thread