Paxton first start finally..

Badlilstang

Established Member
It ended up being a little bigger job than I thought..Being an Auto car I had to relocate the trans lines which was kind of a pain.. mainly just reaching the parts to make connections. I still have to get the front end all back together but she started up fine and had no leaks. I loaded the AED base tune for my setup and will begin data logging soon. I got some good advice from some guys in here and also some parts from Beefcake. I broke two clamps right before I could start and found out HosePimp.com is 15 min from my house so I grabbed some very high quality clamps from him. Great guy to deal with.

th_FirstStart_zpsyk5rmhrg.jpg

imeyers302

Established Member
Real nice. Just finished my STG 2 Procharger install last week. That first turn of the key when you finish is a little nerve racking but very rewarding after doing a job like that yourself.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Real nice. Just finished my STG 2 Procharger install last week. That first turn of the key when you finish is a little nerve racking but very rewarding after doing a job like that yourself.

Yeah no joke. I took a couple shots of vodka and prayed before turning the key. I didn't want to have to take anything apart it was a job to get that thing crammed in there! I was more nervous starting this than my 410ci in my fox after I dropped it in lol.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Yeah no joke. I took a couple shots of vodka and prayed before turning the key. I didn't want to have to take anything apart it was a job to get that thing crammed in there! I was more nervous starting this than my 410ci in my fox after I dropped it in lol.

Lol man. How many shots did it take for the install? Sounds great tho! Love the other vid with the bov! Is that the stock Paxton one? Polished head unit looks GREAT too! I know I say this to bout everyone, but man could you post some runs up whenever you get tuning sorted out? Thanks, good luck, and HAVE FUN!

Badlilstang

Established Member
Lol man. How many shots did it take for the install? Sounds great tho! Love the other vid with the bov! Is that the stock Paxton one? Polished head unit looks GREAT too! I know I say this to bout everyone, but man could you post some runs up whenever you get tuning sorted out? Thanks, good luck, and HAVE FUN!

LOL.. man.. It was more of a job than I thought and I have done a lot of work on cars since the mid 90's.. heads, cam, intake swaps on Foxes.. tranny swaps from auto to manual. The hardest part is just how tight everything is in there. I wonder if the Procharger has this issue. If I had the money I would have gone TVS but didn't have the budget for it.

imeyers302

Established Member
LOL.. man.. It was more of a job than I thought and I have done a lot of work on cars since the mid 90's.. heads, cam, intake swaps on Foxes.. tranny swaps from auto to manual. The hardest part is just how tight everything is in there. I wonder if the Procharger has this issue. If I had the money I would have gone TVS but didn't have the budget for it.

Procharger had zero issues with space . Tubing is a tight fit but fit like a glove but they do give you a different fan and shroud to make more room. Head unit has plenty of room to spare. I do think the paxton/vortech setup has more of an oem appearance than the procharger though.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member

The install is mostly what has torn us away from the Paxton.

Kman11

Established Member
Looks good man!!

Plan's to race or dyno soon?

Sorry if you already said it above - Did you go with the torque booster?

Badlilstang

Established Member
Looks good man!!

Plan's to race or dyno soon?

Sorry if you already said it above - Did you go with the torque booster?

No torque booster. I have to work with AED first to get the car tuned and make sure he gives me the OK. Honestly I would probably rather have a Torque Converter over the torque booster.. The Torque converter will at least help with part throttle driving.. these auto's are sluggish at part throttle and low rpm... at WOT and higher RPM they pull pretty hard. I might do a torque booster... who knows.. gotta let the Wife get past the shock of this purchase first lol. From talking to others who have this setup seems like 11.20s range is what it should run with traction of course...

I saw your 2011 went 11.9 .. how did you pull that off being mostly stock? That's awesome!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
No torque booster. I have to work with AED first to get the car tuned and make sure he gives me the OK. Honestly I would probably rather have a Torque Converter over the torque booster.. The Torque converter will at least help with part throttle driving.. these auto's are sluggish at part throttle and low rpm... at WOT and higher RPM they pull pretty hard. I might do a torque booster... who knows.. gotta let the Wife get past the shock of this purchase first lol. From talking to others who have this setup seems like 11.20s range is what it should run with traction of course...

I saw your 2011 went 11.9 .. how did you pull that off being mostly stock? That's awesome!

With a good tire you will be in the 10's for sure.

Kman11

Established Member

I honestly don't know much about the auto's, but i understand the part about your wife being shocked haha! Mine will be going through the same shock in 2 months when i buy a paxton kit as well.

I did a bit of searching around about the torque booster and it seems most guys picked up some decent time and MPH with it. I dont know if it makes a difference auto vs m6 though. I would think you should have no trouble getting into the tens with a decent 60'.

Did you do oil pump gears? I'm debating that now..

In regards to my car - Thanks! It seems my car is spot on(maybe a little slow cause my driving sucks) for what it has after talking to other m6 coyote owners. If i could only learn to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread