paxton coyote first time @ track

hopony

Established Member
Got 3 runs went faster each time. Never got a good launch on the bridgestone 760's. Also short shifted at 6800 to keep stock clutch from getting squishy. Over all I am happy with the results definitely has more in it. Just need to learn how to launch it.

wpid-20130908_131902-1.jpg

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
TVS police on patrol :lol:

Did I say something wrong or rude? It wasn't meant to be....

Street tires and short shifting a centri car, that's a good time :) Get some traction and let her rev and that time will drop a lot I bet!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
yep, 7200-7400 rpm shifts, with some sticky tires would be nice.

125 should be right around a 10.9 driven correctly and sticking

very nice for your first time out

hopony

Established Member
Did I say something wrong or rude? It wasn't meant to be....

Street tires and short shifting a centri car, that's a good time :) Get some traction and let her rev and that time will drop a lot I bet!

It was the first time every my wife came out to the track with me so I was more concerned with not breaking anything. As soon as I change the clutch I plam on getting some more runs and some sticky tires. I thought the tires did ok my soft launches were the reason for the bad 60 foot times

hopony

Established Member
yep, 7200-7400 rpm shifts, with some sticky tires would be nice.

125 should be right around a 10.9 driven correctly and sticking

very nice for your first time out

Thanks, I definitely think I could trim at least a half a second off with some practice launching the car. Had several 1.8 60 ft times when car was stock. Plan on a clutch and some slicks soon.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I made 1 pass with the blower setup on street tires and it was also an 11.7. I ordered rims and tires the next day LOL.

With some seat time you'll pull mid to low 11s. Keep in mind as temps get colder the car will be making more power and the track gets slippery.

Users who are viewing this thread