Paxton and New Rims

pohnjarker

Established Member
I put it on my local DFW50s.com forum and thought i would share with you guys.

Basically i've been overseas since June and have slowly been saving for the Beefcake Paxton special. i finally got everything paid for and sitting at home waiting for me to come home on leave in mid December.

it took way longer than expected but I FINALLY got the Paxton installed and running on a base tune while working with Shaun to log and get it finished.

I got everything done and it ran like shit...so it sat for a couple of days while we went out of town. on the drive out of town a sudden thought to check the MAF connection so my buddy checked it and it was out. he plugged it in and it was SMOOOOOOOTH. he put the front end back together so all i had to do when i got home was install the BAP. did that last night and its running good. a few more logging sessions and it should be running like a champ. it does have a constant chirping noise so im thinking thats how the supercharger sounds...or the belt needs to be tightened...so i'll figure that out hopefully.

Before i left, i figured out what i needed to do with the BAP and will take care of that when i get home in May. it runs, but not up to par so it should be all done by then. The wrench light also comes on sometimes when i keep it in steady gear too long so i'll be checking the throttle body, TPM, and MAF when i get back also. a quick off and on and it goes away and all of my power comes back.

if i had to do it all over again, i would have just put it in the shop the day i got home and have them do it, at least they know what they are doing...lol

A big thanks to Beefcake for the kit and Darkstars that i have sitting in my garage.
A big thanks to Shaun for putting up with me asking questions and working with me datalogging.
A big thanks to Steve at BBR for answering my questions about the BAP when he didnt have to.
A big thanks to Busarich for the sweet rims/tires.

The two table tops were cleaned off completely for the parts so here is everything i had to install
workbenchesfullofpaxtonstuff_zps50069775.gif

Here is everything taken off, ready to put the paxton on
readyforparts_zpscee35d21.gif

here is the intercooler installed
intercooler_zps0d7189cc.gif

20130101_113529.gif

20130101_113534.gif

20130101_113541.gif

i also got some new FR500 rims/tires from Busarich so i took a few pics. they are 20x10 and 20x8.5 wrapped in 315 and 255 Nitto NT05s.

Side shot of the new wheels
Sideshotnewwheels_zps56bdaf94.gif

They dont stick out far at all do they
sidewheelshot_zpsf0e366cf.gif

Rear shot of the tires...the 315s looks nice!!
bottomwheelshot_zpse9075ac0.gif

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
congrats, it'll be awesome once you get home and can put some real miles on that thing!!!!

Thanks again for the business, and stay safe!!!

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Hold on, you had the front end apart for a blower install and didnt clean the engine bay up a bit?!? Other than that looks sweet

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Looks great!... They're 20's? Must be the pics cause they look a little smaller :beer:

Last edited:

pohnjarker

Established Member
i am not lowered and yes, they are 20s. when i took the pictures, the tires were on backwards but i changed them out that night. all good now.

i know the engine bay is dirty, i had very limited time on this R&R to mess with it and when i did, the wife wasnt very happy. after all, i had been away for almost 7 months.

i'll take care of all of that when i get home and when i dyno, i'll add a video also.

Last edited:

busarich

Established Member
Congrats man. stay safe and you are welcome for the rims. Nice just installed my Paxton from beef and the directions were spot on. I am also going with Shaun for my tune as well.

Users who are viewing this thread