PATS question

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
My cobra had a hard time starting.. removed the battery for a few days.. car started right up .. then died a few hours later (wouldn't start again). Shop people said it seems to be an anti theft system problem. Any way to disable this PATS thing so this does not happened? Car is garaged mostly all the time so i don;t really need this PATS on.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If it was the PATS your car wouldn't start at all. Sounds more like your battery is dying.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Thar car turned over fine.. just never started.. seemed like a spark issue. Disconnected the battery for a night and tried again in the morning and the car started.

Turned car off turned on alarm (or locked doors with the remote) while i was inside tried turning on car didnt start.. unlocked car with remote tried again and nothing.. disconnected battery for about 30 min and tried again.. worked just fine.

Any ideas? And to the question above.. it was just shop guys.. not ford guys.

I cannot take the car to a ford dealer since i have no CATS have cat-less mid pipe.. they will not do any type of maintenance on the car without the CATS.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
It means he hasnt been able to stir shit up enough lately on his own so this must be his new tactic.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I cannot take the car to a ford dealer since i have no CATS have cat-less mid pipe.. they will not do any type of maintenance on the car without the CATS.

Why does that matter? They don't need to put it on a lift to inspect it if it is a PATS issue.

I'd check your grounds and other connections, especially by the starter. Have you done anything to the car lately?

01yellercobra

Established Member
When you disconnect the battery are you hooking it up to a charger or just letting it sit?

Users who are viewing this thread