Patriot Performance Stage 3 heads

low12lightning

Established Member
Used Patriot Performance Stage 3 PI heads. They feauture CNC ports and oversized Crower valves, springs, keepers, and retainers. Patriot claims 40-50 RWHP gain with just the heads! These heads were removed from a running turbo charged Lightning. The heads have just been resurfaced and a fresh valve job. The motor started some detonation, and a few chambers just started to see the effects. They have been repaired but are not 100% perfect. I have taken photos of the WORST of the damage. If i still had a mod motor i would definatly run them no worries, but i don't so they need to go. This can be a great deal for someone since they retail for $1600 new, and they are freshly machined. $800 o.b.o

https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=6&cat=30&page=1

SSPX0678.jpg

SSPX0673.jpg

SSPX0665.jpg

SSPX0669.jpg

SSPX0667.jpg

SSPX0670.jpg

realslow01

Still have these? If so pm me Ive got some ques.Were they resurfaced when you did the valve job? How many cyllinders are the bosses eaten up in? Is there a problem in the cam journals.Very interested but cant pm for some reason. Thanks

low12lightning

Established Member
I still have these heads. I have had a dozen people at least tell me they were going to buy them, but yet to have anyone follow through. I can take more detailed photos if needed, but i would really like to move these quick, since i am moving. If you are interested make an offer. As you can see in the photos the only real issues is one spark plug boss is just ever so slightly chewed up and there is a scratch in the cam journal. You are getting these heads for half price of a new set.

Last edited:

cinch1985

Established Member
Umm not trying to bash u but u need to put a heads up that the cam journals looked to be scared pretty bad and can not be fixed. Those would be a 750 dollar paper weight right there.

low12lightning

Established Member
It's pretty small scar and won't effect performance. If any piece of material goes through the engine thats the first place it's going to show up. Ive pulled PI heads off stock mustangs with less than 60k miles that looked alot worse than that. Any compentent machine shop could weld and line bore that journal for $100-$200 dollars. But they came off a Lightning in perfect running order, and for half the price of a new set if i still had a modular they would be on my motor right now.

Users who are viewing this thread