Patriot Heads

Cannons

Established Member
Whats the difference between Romeo and Windsor Castings? I have Patriot Stage III Heads and was wondering if there were any differences other than valve cover bolts. With these heads do I have to worry about blowing plugs out?

Last edited:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
You don't have to worry about blowing plugs. The Patriot's have the correct inserts. IIRC, the Romeo heads have the correct plug threads machined into them and the Winsor heads have inserts. Do a search and see what you find...

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Romeo heads came with cam cap girdles. The Windsors are what come on the stock Lightning because the heads and block were assembled in the Windsor, Ontario engine plant and then sent over to the assembly plant across the street.

The Romeo heads are cast in a completely different plant in Michigan I think.

I didn't know they actually made a 5.4 romeo head?

Cannons

Established Member
I was trying to search this but came up empty. I want to make sure I dont have to worry about blowing a plug. I have a Fully Forged engine and I am planning on putting a 8# lower on with my 2.7 upper. I have a MP blower on it.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Red99CobraVert said:
I was trying to search this but came up empty. I want to make sure I dont have to worry about blowing a plug. I have a Fully Forged engine and I am planning on putting a 8# lower on with my 2.7 upper. I have a MP blower on it.

You're good.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Red99CobraVert said:

Man, you are going to have every dog in the neighborhood howling and running for cover when that thing comes screaming down the street..................:D

Bird

Users who are viewing this thread