passing

Status
Not open for further replies.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
are there any laws favoring the driver if your passing someone on a two-lane highway or is it you have to pass within the speed limit...I was with a guy and we got busted while passing another car that was doing 5 under, and halfway through the pass a car came over the hill and he put the pedal down a little, ofcourse it was a cop and he was like I was passing the car... if he didn't speed a little he would have collided with the cop...I mean he showed no mercy and burned him for 15 over...thoughts/comments...he's asking for reduced points...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
When passing another car you can not legally exceed the speed limit. Whether it is on a multilane highway or in a broken yellow passing zone. If when passing someone, they speed up or you can not overtake them without exceeding the speed limit, you should fall back and get into the lane and stop trying to overtake.

Groovyash

Established Member
Even when passing you have to pass within the speed limit, hence the name speed limit. Additionally you must excercise due regard to safety when passing I.E. not passing in places where you are uncertain of oncomming traffic, i.e. corners, hills, etc.

Dan

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
yeah I told him he's screwed...lol...but just for the argument if we would have been passing within speed limit, and seen the cop come over the hill, hit the brakes and swing back behind the guy we were passing he probably would still burn us for something

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
No one can answer that. You are now playing the "what if" game. We didnt see how you were driving.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
k, he told me tonight he was going to meet with the court or something...I'll let you know if ya care otherwise close her down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread