PASSING NYS INSPECTION WITH EGR DELETE

Badwill95

Established Member
Hey guys, last year while installing a TVS on my car I deleted the EGR for a cleaner look. Brought my car to get tuned and I'm very happy with everything, I just can't get my car to pass inspection. The car has no cats and an EGR delete. EGR is turned off in tune. I drove it a couple hundred miles and the 02 sensor still shows not ready. NYS Inspection allows us only 1 monitor not ready, which should only be the EGR. When I have time I will have to go back to my tuner to see if he knows. Just wondering if any New York guys have encountered this and if/how it was fixed.
Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the EGR is turned off the O2 and catalyst won't set. You either need to reinstall the EGR or come up with something that makes the computer think the EGR is turned on and turn it back on in the tune.

Badwill95

Established Member
Thanks for the quick reply! I'd rather not have to reinstall the EGR if possible, if the EGR is turned back on I'm guessing it will tigger the CEL right away. Has anyone "tricked" the ECU into thinking EGR is installed, at least temporarily to pass inspection?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
a lot of tuners are reluctant to do this nowadays

Users who are viewing this thread