Passenger side vacuum lines all mixed up!

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
Can i get a few pics from you guys that did the egr and vacuum line delete?

i did the egr delete and started doing the vacuum lines and i had a boost bypass done years ago so mine did not look like the ones on the how to's.

Please do not refer them to me. :nonono:

I need pics of the boost actuator vacuum lines and were they go as well as the vacuum line that comes out of the fire wall next to the break booster.

Thanks.

qurtrn10

Established Member
I'm working on the vacuum lines right now in the middle of my EGR delete, and it never mentioned that CHIZ's write up was for a truck with the boost bypass mod. I assume that's why some people leave the last two sensors, whereas others leave only the last one. I wanted to do the boost bypass mod today as well, so I guess I have to go put that second to last sensor back on. Argh!

Can someone put up clear pics, or even better yet a vacuum diagram of what the vacuum lines should look like either with or without bypass mod?

Thanks, and good luck Nate!

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
damn im so glad im not alone on this. I felt so stupid posting this. this is really like my 3 post about it but know one really seems to want to post up pics!

TP 112

Established Member
SHAGGY did a video on the EGR delete on lightningrodder.com that is a big help.hope i dont get in trouble for saying this.

qurtrn10

Established Member
I found Shaggy's video on youtube earlier, and had it playing. I'd follow what he did to a wire, pause the video, and then head to the garage. Go back into the office, play another 30 seconds of video, and then out to the garage again!

I think in the long run, all I needed to hear was:
Green wire, two long red wires, two long black wires - toss.
Pink wire - T into boost guage.
Keep the last sensor.

This gave me the EGR delete and the boost bypass in one shot. :beer:

How did you guys fare?

TP 112

Established Member
i know when i did mine i was a little confused, but when i saw the video BINGO i was way more confident i did it correct.

NATEUSMCSVT

MAN THAT BLOWS
Established Member
that vid is really dark! i just want a pic to know what it should look like were the vacuum lines come out of the fire wall and the boost actuator.

Users who are viewing this thread