Passenger side exhaust leak 1999 Cobra

Sleepinbeauty

Established Member
I reused my exhaust gaskets in rebuilding my engine. I have an exhaust leak, but I'm not sure if it's coming from the gasket or the where the manifold meets the header pipe. I applied some extra torque to the lower bolts on the manifold. I could get to the upper bolts (unless someone knows how. Couldn't find any good info in the factory manifold outside of removing the starter.) I also torqued the head pipe bolts. Still I have the exhaust leak. Is there an easy way to tell where the leak is coming from or is there a common problem with the passenger side manifold I'm not aware of?

Sleepinbeauty

Established Member
Holy shit, I thought I remembered there not being a gasket on the Passenger side exhaust. Boy was I wrong. I even looked it up in the factory manual and it doesn't show it. Tasca didn't show it in it's exploded parts view either. When I went a ahead and removed the head pipe again and inspected it, I noticed there was no way that could have been the case. There is no taper on the passenger manifold. Looked up the flange gasket on the Autozone website and sure enough it popped up a Fel-pro piece for $6.99. What a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread