Passenger Side Brake Light - Not Working

T.Bone

Established Member
I have problem with the passenger side brake light not working on my 97. Hoping someone else has had this problem and guide me in the right direction.

I changed all the bulbs hoping it was just a bad bulb, but it turns out that I am intermittely getting power to the passenger side. The car sat for a while before I purchased it so it acts like a bad/dirty connection. The driver side and trunk brake light always work.

Does anyone know where these wires come back to, what fuse box? I would like to trace it back and see where I am lossing the power at. I pulled and cleaned the contacts on the 25 amp fuse under the hood and this seemed to help it for a moment but now its no power again.

Thanks
Tim

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The tailight harness plugs into the main harness in the trunk. Remove a couple trim pieces from the trunk and make sure the harness is plugged in all the way and that there is no corrosion.
Also, does your front passenger's side blink correctly?
Is the front blinker blinking very fast?

T.Bone

Established Member
I checked the connections in the trunk, both the one at the tail light and the main harness one on the drivers side. No power there when I am having the problem. The blinkers work just fine besides the normal wore out blinker switch (future project).

I got some electrical drawings a little bit ago so tomorrow I will check the connector at the steering column and some of the other fuses to make sure they are clean.

I am pretty sure that it is a loose plug and dirty connector somewhere, just have to locate it.

Users who are viewing this thread