Passenger-Side Air Bag Cover

jfclague

Established Member
Anyone know why Ford put the Mustang writing on the passenger-side air bag cover and why they didn't put Cobra on there?

Anyone know of a replacement that would have Cobra writing or emblem?

Thanks

shetheri

Established Member
It is called "mass production". That cover has been used for years and is in hundreds of thousands of Mustangs (3.8, GT, Cobra). Ford produced the Cobra at the lowest posiible price to give us the performance that we have asked for for years. Now that we have the performance we are nit picking the minor details. Working in the Auto Industry it is called "cost savings" and I have to deal with these decisions everyday. Not that I agreee with them, but I understand them.

Scott

jfclague

Established Member
Originally posted by shetheri
It is called "mass production". That cover has been used for years and is in hundreds of thousands of Mustangs (3.8, GT, Cobra). Ford produced the Cobra at the lowest posiible price to give us the performance that we have asked for for years. Now that we have the performance we are nit picking the minor details. Working in the Auto Industry it is called "cost savings" and I have to deal with these decisions everyday. Not that I agreee with them, but I understand them.

Scott

Yea, I understand too.

Is there a replacement cover out there?

Users who are viewing this thread