Passenger seat help

redrocket16

Established Member
Trying to fix my passenger seat which doesn’t slide anymore. I think it’s something with th me cable connecting both sides but can’t seem to figure out currently. If anyone has their seat out and can post a picture that would be great.

amorrow

Established Member
Sure, here’s a pic of the passenger seat I removed from my ‘96.

B49C6108-343A-4F94-91C2-8D0C3384AE42.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Sure, here’s a pic of the passenger seat I removed from my ‘96.

View attachment 1738331

And to help you (OP) even further… see in that image above, there are (4) bolts that hold the seat to the seat track; IIRC they are 10mm. Use a 1/4” drive ratchet and 1/4” 10mm long socket and you can remove the (4) bolts from the track, which will allow you to pull the seat from the stationary tracks and out of the car.

Once you have the seat out, you can play with the seat track to figure out what is hanging it up.

Are you sure there isn’t any debris under the seat that is lodged in the track or blocking the seat from being moved?

(I had to remove my driver seat as mentioned above, because the power switch was faulty and I couldn’t diagnose to see if it was the switch or the seat motors…. Once the seat was off the track and out of the car, I could diagnose the issue by testing the pwr motors via jumpers to the connectors and determine it was a bad switch.)

redrocket16

Established Member
I think the issue is with the tensioner between the tracks on each side. When I move the lever the opposite side doesn’t work. Trying to figure out that part of it.

Also should mention that it’s a terminator seat but it’s all in the same family.

Users who are viewing this thread