Passenger door alignment

agof95

Established Member
My passenger door isn't aligned properly. It appears that it should be raised up where it bolts on. The door rubs against the quarter panel and produced a squeak until I siliconed it.

You can easily see that it's lower than where it should be based on the lines of the quarter panel.

I was thinking of trying to fix it myself, but wasn't sure how a big of a PITA it would be. If I loosen the bolts, it seems that I could raise it up a tad.

Have any of you had this problem. I just hate to take it to the dealership.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Mine is slightly misaligned.. I plan on leaving it alone though... I can live with it, rather than have some knuckle dragger trim guy jack it up even more....

MT2003

Established Member
I had the dealer adjust mine. They did a great job on it. They actually found that the front fender was what needed adjustment. You could see that it was down a little compared to the hood. Once they adjusted it up the door to fender lines came back together.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
Had mine done at the dealer also. They keep the car a half a day but got a loaner. They did a good job and the door look and works great

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I've yet to see a new Mustang/Cobra that came from the factory with both doors aligned correctly front and rear. They all are off. You have to remember that the mustang assembly plant is an ancient plant with very old mounting/aligning techniques. My 03 TR coupe built 05/02 had the passenger door misaligned at the front. The drivers side door was ok. My 02 SB coupe built last month has both doors misaligned at the front but the rear of both doors is fine. I don't plan on having them touched since no doubt, the service clown at the dealership will either make it worse or more than likely scratch and chip the paint. I consider it part of the mustangs character. But its true, in this day and age, there is no excuse for the poor workmanship.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
Mine is slightly misaligned.. I plan on leaving it alone though... I can live with it, rather than have some knuckle dragger trim guy jack it up even more....

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
If you can live with it don't get it close to a dealer:bash:

agof95

Established Member
I guess I'll try and live with it. Y'all have echoed my concerns about taking to the dealership.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Just to give you a lil more insight, and I know this is not the norm, but it did happen..
I had paid cash for a 1994 Monte Carlo SS for the wife when they first came out, it had a small paint blemish on the top of the right rear quarter going up the pillar. It was about the size of an orange and looked like a splotch of clear coat or something. Well, we took to reliable chebby in richardson tx, who we now call UNRELIABLE...they assured us it would be no problem to fix. THey ended breaking the back windows, staining the interior with some black goup, breaking the front windshield, I don't know how they did that.. eventually they ended up repainted the back 3/4 of the car, the wife is as anal about her cars as we are about the COBRA'S.. SO, since we had been documenting their FU's since day one, I had about a 1/4 inch of paperwork I threw done on the GM's desk, we left the dealership with a new 1995 Impala SS, obviously we won the war, but it was bloody..
Not that this would happen to you, just food for thought.

good luck:beer:

Last edited:

IDAREU

Banned
My passenger side door is also off. I think I know why, try rolling down your window and see if the seat is hitting the inside of the door. My seat is pushing so hard against the panel that the door is even hard to close.

I plan taking it back to the dealer once the weather gets better!

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Originally posted by kens03cobra
<SNIP. Well, we took to reliable chebby in richardson tx, who we now call UNRELIABLE...
So, you used to live in Texas?:shrug: But, now your in WA.?.?.?:shrug: Why would you leave Texas? Must have been job related.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I tried to get a submarine out of Plano, but they had no openings :lol: :lol: So yes, it was job related, now stationed on the Naval Sub Base Bangor WA, where all the tree huggers hang outside the front gate :burn:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Red Cobra
I've yet to see a new Mustang/Cobra that came from the factory with both doors aligned correctly front and rear. They all are off. You have to remember that the mustang assembly plant is an ancient plant with very old mounting/aligning techniques. My 03 TR coupe built 05/02 had the passenger door misaligned at the front. The drivers side door was ok. My 02 SB coupe built last month has both doors misaligned at the front but the rear of both doors is fine. I don't plan on having them touched since no doubt, the service clown at the dealership will either make it worse or more than likely scratch and chip the paint. I consider it part of the mustangs character. But its true, in this day and age, there is no excuse for the poor workmanship.

When I complained about misalignment (at delivery), I was told by service that the doors are pin located and CAN'T be out of alignment! I was told to either accept the car as is or someone else would buy it!

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Originally posted by kens03cobra
I tried to get a submarine out of Plano, but they had no openings :lol: :lol: So yes, it was job related, now stationed on the Naval Sub Base Bangor WA, where all the tree huggers hang outside the front gate :burn:

Give 'em "the finger" once for me! I drove through those gates every day for more than 6 years...

Users who are viewing this thread