Passenger complaints about hot legs

Ordakow

SVT Poster
Established Member
It seems like every person that rides in my car are complaining about there legs being hot?? Even when i set the temp to the cold side they still complain?? Does anybody else have this problem? Guess i need to contact SID my search button isn't working again.

perry2k12

Established Member
Both of my mustangs have done it....I thought something was really wrong with my last one. Don't think they have much for firewall insulation.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Same thing in my vert but only with the top down. I think the air running over the top of the car creates vacuum at the floor boards. This draws in hot air from the lower heater vents. Just my theory. I have the LDC head cooling mod too so I think my heater core has more hot fluid running through it too.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I have the same issue. Its both passenger/driver, its way worse for the driver though. My kb gets super hot, and after a normal 10 minute drive in this weather (89-90F) it gets stupid hot my legs arent just "warm" more like burning :lol:

slickblack

Established Member
Maybe things would be different if there was some way to get the AC to come out the lower vents or at least mix between lower and upper vents. Even cheap cars have a dial to adjust which vent the AC comes from. I know my left knee sure gets cooled well. Whoever designed that vent location was not thinking. I am mad at my car tonight as you can tell. So while I'm at it, who makes a car nowadays and can't even light up the window and door lock controls?

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
passanger complaints? psshhhh more like DRIVER complaints. one of my least fav things about DD'ing my cobra. after about 20min of driving, it feels like im running the heater! however, after almost 3 years, i have gotten used to it.

i keep my hood vents open 24/7. i dont see how changing the vents to FORE would help THAT much.

matt87

Established Member
toasty vert, toasty legs here too! glad to know its not just me!

quick88lx

Established Member
from massachusettes/ staioned in louisiana
i had always thought that it was the heat radiating from the exhaust through the floor boards. i had my carpet up one time while running wires and such and the car on with the ac so i could stay cool. I noticed right where the exhaust runs the floor was incredibly hot! After that i felt the carpet once in a while and realized that it seams that all the heat is sourced from the exhaust through the floor, ESPECIALLY WITH LONG TUBES!!!!!

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I think it's heat from the trans and or mid pipe... All the stangs I had did this, in my old fox body I layer some dynamat it worked great

force feed

Established Member
I have the same problem. The cobra throws out a lotta heat under the dash especially during the summer. I guess im not the only one. So i just roll with the ac on, problem solved.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Just tell them to remove their panties...

4874923242_66554fe13a_b.jpg

problem solved...

gabe1530

Banned
my wife was saying the same thing the other day. i told her to just turn the AC up, lol.
i run my vents open 24/7 as well and have some Fores sitting in the garage.

nc_super_snake

Established Member
^^ that riding in my car is just going to make things hotter!!!

One of my friends said the same thing when he was riding in my car the other night..he was like man you got the damn heat on!!!!LMAO!!but the Hell with that lets talk about this pic....now thats damn HOT!!!:burn:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
One of my friends said the same thing when he was riding in my car the other night..he was like man you got the damn heat on!!!!LMAO!!but the Hell with that lets talk about this pic....now thats damn HOT!!!:burn:

Yeah those panties are way to f@cking clean for that level of hotness. I hope he took care of that after the photo shoot!

Users who are viewing this thread