Passenger bank not firing

Quagmire

Established Member
Hey guys got my motor back it and started for the first time. Started up and ran rough. Seems like the passenger bank is not firing. I checked timing and camshafts all good. Would a bad crank sensor or cam sensor cause this? Could i have put the crank trigger wheel on backwards? Any suggestions would be great.

Does anyone know if SCT who the crank sync state?

Quagmire

Established Member
Update, seems my passenger intake valves are at peak opening when piston is BDC..... that's not right. I used the stock timing marks, has anyone had this problem cams off by 45 crankshaft degrees? The driver side is right. Any suggestions or just break out the timing wheel? Seems to be odd being that far off. #1 cylinder is coming up while intake is still open.....
Cam pn are, the last 2 digits.
70 pass intake
72 pass exhaust
71 driver intake
73 driver exhaust.

Quagmire

Established Member
More updates!!!! Apparently don't listen to the ford service manual when timing the engine. Because it is off by about 45-60 degrees on pass bank. Driver side timing was fine passenger bank is off by about 50 degrees or so. So degree wheel and dial indicator tomorrow night, to make sure they are at 114 degrees. Thanks ford service manual you are the best.

Users who are viewing this thread