Passenger Airbag on/off key switch

y0rascal

I admit to being a Newbie
Established Member
does anyone know if this switch takes any generic ford key or is it specific to the assigned vehicle key.

Reason why I ask, my air bag light is coming on and I think its the on/off switch since the light no longer turns on.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

and is there a how to on this to remove and replace?

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
I cant answer the first part of your question, but your air bag light coming on is probably due to the burnt out light bulb in your switch. I had the same problem. There is a how-to somewhere, but you simply buy a replacement bulb from radioshack and solder it in. I believe the replacement switches are $80.

Dusten

Established Member
the switch is like $103..

when your airbag light comes on, it will blink, this is a code. the code will tell you if the bulb is bad(most likely)
If that is the case you can buy a replacement LED from radioshack, solder it in and problem solved. costs about $2

speed3198

BEWARE the Jabberwocky!!
Established Member
The switch is not keyed to your truck. You can replace with one from a Junkyard. I had to research this at my local ford dealer before I went through with it. Your radio surround will simply pull off. Its held on by clips. The switch is attached to the back of the surround by a couple screws.

Users who are viewing this thread