Pass Time on Speed

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Hey guys,

Did anyone catch tonights episode of Pass Time on speed network? My dad and I both shot an episode here in Bradenton and both were selected. Him in his 74 challenger and me in my 03 vert.

Unfortunately for me, the car in line in front of me blew up, resulting in a coolant/oil river that I was forced to drive through, basically ensuring I spent most of the time sliding around the track. I came out of the hole gentle, and as soon as I would go into boost, would just spin like I was on ice, did it the whole way down the track. Ended up running 15.5@81 trying to keep it in my lane :shrug:

However it was a good time, and I got to wear my jester hat as kind of a silent shout out to the SVTP, hope you guys saw it cause I was thinking of you. Sorry I couldn't rep us a little better, but at least the LS1 guys can see us SVT people know our cars pretty well, I think I described the mods alright.

Hopefully, with either a new clutch or an auto I will be tickling mid 10s very soon:beer:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Nope,
the OP of the post you linked is referring to the Black Cobra on a previous episode (that same night) that ran a 14.4 going all out. I guess he just spun hard out of the hole since he was on street tires. From talking to some of his friends, I guess he got really nervous and botched it pretty hard.

You could tell he was a bit shaken, during his interview when asked if the car had any power adders he said No lol.

Further down in that post, I mentioned my apprearance and also posted up some pics of the event if your interested, they are on the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

stangkid

Established Member
I saw the episode with the cobra that had a KB & bald drag radials that ran a 14 or 15 second pass was that you or the other guy?

DesertMach

Established Member
yea i seen the episode, When you had mentioned you upgraded the blower from a 1.7 to a 2.2 KB and this was the first run on the new setup I was a bit skeptical thinking you would not break the 12.5, when I seen you run I just lowered my head........ But yea i did also see the car before you through the rod out the bottom...

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
I saw the episode with the cobra that had a KB & bald drag radials that ran a 14 or 15 second pass was that you or the other guy?

Me unfortunately,

my advice to anyone thinking about being on this show.. don't.

We just went to the track to test and tune and ended up waiting in line with 300 other people for 11 hours to get 1 run in. The prep was bad and the cleanups were worse, all in the name of saving the camera crew time.

It's a cool concept but the execution sucked and I'm really disappointed I couldn't have been given a decent track cleanup so I could have made a nice mid 11s run (which the car can do effortlessly). Keep in mind, it's only on 15.5psi and a canned tune lol. Still working out the setup.

Users who are viewing this thread