Parting out 2003 cobra with 10,000 miles

duststang

Do U Kno The Terminator?
Established Member
The front control arms. Do they come with the ball joints? and if so are the ball joints still good? (not busted open and dry)? Thanks

FoX GT

Established Member
I am looking to keep the suede ones from this car, and I am looking to sell the 10th anniversary seats out of my car. I am looking for around 1500.

Read through the thread and maybe I missed it but are the seats in good condition, what color are they and how much are you asking for them ?

That's interesting. I paid a deposit on the 10th anniversary seats on 2/11/11 for $500 via paypal (Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 5BU39032T7896990E))

We corresponded over email, phone etc. On an email dated 2/18/11 you said you would hold the seats and need payment by 2/21/11 at midnight. What I didn't realize when I got to the bank was that Monday, 2/21/11 was a holiday and the banks were closed. This meant I wasn't able to move money into an account to be able to pay you. As soon as I became aware of that I contacted you on 2/21/11 to let you know I could send the payment the next day. I emailed you at 11:35 AM letting you know that the bank was closed and I could pay the next day. I didn't hear from you so I sent a text message at 6:43PM, left a voicemail and another email at 8:28PM. You weren't able to return any of my calls/emails/texts but were able to post in this thread at 9:15 AM and 11:43PM as well as send out PMs on 2/21/11.

I then sent another email Tuesday at 10:54AM confirming to send the remaining balance to your paypal account (which was a different name than yourself). You responded on 2/22/11 at 11:07AM to "hold of on payment for now." You had struck a deal with another person and "had received a check but not cashed it yet".

So, you avoided all my attempts at communication on 2/21/11. Then somehow, with your obviously busy schedule, you couldn't answer a phone call, text message or email but were able to meet up with someone who lived 1 hour away to only receive a check for the seats between midnight on 2/21/11 and 11:07AM 2/22/11. This seems like an amazing feat.

So...who are you selling the seats to? Me, the guy with the deposit on the seats who contacted you all day to let you know the banks were closed so I could pay the next day? Or the guy who gave you a check you are waiting to cash? Or Rusty67? Or a handful of other SVTP members we don't even know about. Inquiring minds would love to know. :shrug:

Satyr

Established Member
Interesting...at first I asked to buy the suede seats, then he told me he was keeping those and selling the 10th anniversary ones. His price was high so I didn't bite, but I still find that interesting.

Hope things work out.

frankenstangs

Established Member
Interested in the sra. are you willing to part it out? I am interested in parts to convert to 11.65 rotors.
axle flanges
anti-moen braces
cobra caliper brackets

Rusty67

Established Member
Interested in the sra. are you willing to part it out? I am interested in parts to convert to 11.65 rotors.
axle flanges
anti-moen braces
cobra caliper brackets

Caliper brackets should be the same. The pads on the Cobra model are slighly narrower to account for the additional width of the vented rotor. You should only need rotor, braces, flange brackets and pads.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
Caliper brackets should be the same. The pads on the Cobra model are slighly narrower to account for the additional width of the vented rotor. You should only need rotor, braces, flange brackets and pads.

I am not parting out the rear at this time. Thank you.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
Interesting...at first I asked to buy the suede seats, then he told me he was keeping those and selling the 10th anniversary ones. His price was high so I didn't bite, but I still find that interesting.

Hope things work out.

Everything has worked out. Thank you for your concern, and sorry we could not make a deal. Please let me know if there is anything else you need.

frankenstangs

Established Member

Rear GT brackets are different but can be shaver to work on vented rotors. I would rather find the correct part.

2000BlackGT

Established Member
The tenth anniversary seats have been sold locally, after FOX GT's deposit period. Although FOX GT did not pay for the seats within the timeframe covered by his deposit, it will all be refunded to him. I have no plans to screw him out of his money. I hope you understand that this is not how deposits work. FOX GT, please check your paypal account in the morning, it will be refunded the entire $500 balance. Thank you and sorry we could not make a deal. If you have other comment's please PM me.

How do you explain completely blowing off fox gt for the entire day of 2/21/11? Emails, phone calls and text messages? Sounds like he went to great lengths to contact you but you had other plans to sell them elsewhere. :nono:

2000BlackGT

Established Member
I am not hashing this out on a public forum. Typical SVTP attitude wins again. At this time I am no longer selling any parts off the Cobra because it always leads to this. Please see my modified first post. Thank you to all those that bought parts. If your parts have not yet shipped, they will go out tomorrow.

Too tough on the to win in the public court of opinion? Sounds pretty strange for a lawyer? If it always leads to this maybe you have to look inward. Being honest is the best policy. If it's easier to sell to someone local than shipping a set of seats people understand that. But blowing off people so you can squeak past a deadline doesn't work here at SVTP.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
The tenth anniversary seats have been sold locally, after FOX GT's deposit period. Although FOX GT did not pay for the seats within the timeframe covered by his deposit, it will all be refunded to him. I have no plans to screw him out of his money. I hope you understand that this is not how deposits work. FOX GT, please check your paypal account in the morning, it will be refunded the entire $500 balance. Thank you and sorry we could not make a deal. If you have other comment's please PM me.

Quoting my earlier post, the refund has been made to FOX GT. He is not out one cent. I really hope you are able to find another set of seats. I see there is a car on copart now with the red seats, maybe you can find a way to get those. I am sure that car will get parted out because the red seats dont match a yellow car. Also, my asking price was very high. I am sure you can get a better set elsewhere for less. Best of luck and sorry about the confusion. I just couldn't keep turing down prospective buyers while I waited weeks for you to pay. I am not a bank, just a guy trying to cash flow a wrecked cobra that I apparently paid too much for. I really hope you can find another set. No hard feelings on my end.

As for any assholes on here that want to see the transaction, please PM me and I will send you a redacted copy of the paypal refund. For everyone else, there are wrecked cobra's showing up every day. I am sure you can find your parts elsewhere. Thanks again to all those that bought parts.

Users who are viewing this thread