part throttle timing / tach reading

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm going to say no. It really shouldn't affect your tach at all. I'm running a good amount of timing on the low end due to my lower compression and my tach is fine. Does it just do it with a certain tune or does it happen no matter what tune is loaded?

cobra916

Established Member
03 cammed mach 1 full bolt ons 430s

well my car was having a issue if i start at 5k or up and floor it alot of the times the car would hesitate,stall,back fire and die.. so i reduced global spark by 2 and just upped the wot by 2.. this is in combination with maf screen and stock intake tube..on the freeway i was having a turbulence issue to. car runs stong..tach is more accurate, also i can hit 7200 now (machs are knows to have issues with running up that high)... i just dont get how the tach car read different now.. 2nd gear 5200 50 mph, no 2nd 6k 50mphs (makes more sense)

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you have another tune to load up you can try that. I do know that the X3's are causing issues with the speedo and tach going to zero while datalogging. But I can't see how a tune would affect the tach reading.

cobra916

Established Member
i uploaded the old tune and could not get it to replicate what it was doing before.. so since the car seems to be running fine now im not going to worry about it.. thanks for the input brotha

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
What I have had was the tune didn't load correctly. I have had issues with the gauges when this happens. Pull the tune and try it again. make sure your battery is fully charged and everything is turned off and try it again.

cobra916

Established Member
What I have had was the tune didn't load correctly. I have had issues with the gauges when this happens. Pull the tune and try it again. make sure your battery is fully charged and everything is turned off and try it again.

yea thanks for the info..i was starting to think maybe im just crazy

Users who are viewing this thread