Part Number for Boost dump valve?

kino

Established Member
Folks, What is the part number on the boost dump valve? I plan on having it modified but since my car is my daily driver and I have to take the car into the shop, I was just going to order one and have it modified. Thanks for your help.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I don't have the part number but the actual Ford part name is Supercharger Bypass Vacuum Actuator.

it comes with an adjustment tool to get it installed correctly

torque bolts to 18 ft-lb

MJ32V

Established Member
I was looking to do the same thing. My local Ford parts tech told me that this part cannot be purchased without buying the entire SC! Doesn't make sense. Is that BS or what?

MJ

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
my Ford service manual does say that its "part of supercharger assembly"...

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Local dealership parts dept. told me the same thing. Not without buying the whole enchillada......

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
although....

the same service manual states the following in another section:

"CAUTION: The actuator adjustment tool included with the replacement actuator kit must be used when installing the supercharger bypass vacuum actuator. Failure to correctly adjust the actuator will result in incorrect operation of the supercharger assembly."

this would lead you to believe that somewhere out there are "replacement actuator kits"....

maybe try calling Magnuson....I doubt that Eaton will sell parts directly as they've probably got a "deal" with Ford just like the Tremec thing.

Users who are viewing this thread