part compatibility...

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
i'm thinking of putting together a power setup...

i'm wondering if anyone knows if the 2013/14 gt500 steeda cai will fit with the 65mm FRPP cobra jet throttle body (ref below)?

i've seen the 13-6 kit that van sells and everyone raves about... but one thing i prefer is the look of the steeda cold air intake. looks very close to stock. also i would take my car to jake at lamotta performance and have it dyno tuned...

Steeda 2013-14 GT500 Mustang Cold Air Intake - Made in USA 555-3173
65MM COBRA JET BILLET ALUMINUM THROTTLE BODY | Part Details for M-9926-CJ65* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I suspect the tune and the TB give the most gains, I doubt the CAI is worth much though I'm sure people will disagree. That being said I would imagine you could use whatever CAI you want since you're going to have it dyno tuned anyway.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
The Steeda kit is tested in the latest 5.0 magazine. Per the Steeda site it's 130mm. Naturally being 5.0 they don't list A/F or Boost anymore on their "on the Dyno" chart. They also list the Cai as 114 mm.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Established Member
You should have no issues with the Ford Racing Throttle Body. Also, the Steeda CAI is 130 mm ... the members have spoken ... go with Steeda!!

We can come down to our Pompano Location and check out our facility and pick the CAI up directly ... shoot me an email at tim @ steeda.com if I can get you set-up with a tour, install, etc.

I look forward to working with you.

Best Regards,

TJ

railroad

Established Member
I was hoping someone would go with comparable parts with the other tuner for comparison, but it sure is difficult to ignore the Van package, service and success.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
its been common knowledge that a dyno tune is always gonna get your car tweaked as close to perfect as can be.

i can get the sct tuner, steeda cai, and frpp throttle body shipped to my door for $1300. after dyno tune it'll cost close to same as the 13-6 kit, but will be custom tuned to my setup... which should give most hp. and the steeda kit looks very nice in my opinion.

tj@steeda

Established Member
J ream,

I just want to make sure I received it ... Did Matt or Rodney follow up with you? They are the sales representatives that I work with.

Please let me know.

Best Regards,

TJ

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I like the look of the Steeda CAI as well, but a 60hp increase claim with just a CAI? C'mon guys...

Users who are viewing this thread