Part 2-Odometer still not working

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
After installing the new worm gear kit the odometer still doesn't work. I've checked it 4 times and manually turned it to make sure all the teeth were catching. I've replaced the speedo gear also. Now the speedometer doesn't work(working before removing cluster and VSS) also the O/D light flashes. I swapped another cluster from a 98 and the speedometer and odometer still didn't work. also the passenger window doesn't work. seems i'm getting issue after issue with this 96 GT/auto trans.

1. could it be the VSS
2. a short somewhere
3. the connection into the VSS? if so, is that cable separate from the harness up to the cluster? I can get another VSS and harness if that's the issue.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Double check the fuses under the dashboard on the drivers side. I blew a couple fuses last week and the fuse in the #8 space was one that I blew and it controled the speedo along with a couple other things. Good luck.

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
Double check the fuses under the dashboard on the drivers side. I blew a couple fuses last week and the fuse in the #8 space was one that I blew and it controled the speedo along with a couple other things. Good luck.

#4 was bad, not sure what that controls. #8 is good.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
#4 , 10A airbag module

the odometer isn't going to work until you get the speedometer working..

re-check the VSS/connector/wiring and the wiring for the cluster and any wiring for a speedcal if you're using one...

if it was working before you touched it, then you have to check your work.. check everything that you touched.. it happens and it's frustrating but look it over

Users who are viewing this thread