Parris Island... ETA 4 days.

jliddle

Established Member
Well my time is finally here. I will arrive at Parris Island Monday evening. My MOS is 03xx/PRP. I'll be 3rd battalion. I'm anxious and a little nervous. Been waiting since May to ship out, I'm just glad not going to be there in the middle of summer.

Comments, advice from the Marines on the board? I'm all ears.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
My grandfather reported in 1916
My brother reported in 1967
God bless and good luck young man.

NO MARINE LEFT BEHIND!

03cobrah

Established Member
first off congrats.
a few tips, i would definitely start getting addresses of people that are close to you because the only thing really nice in boot camp is getting a nice letter from your loved ones. especially since you'll be there during the holidays. make sure you're physically fit and if not, your recruiter failed you. make sure you get plenty of rest before you go because your first day you will be up for a long time trust me. and remember to fear the silver bullet lol! tough it out and before you know it you'll hit the fleet. Good Luck! oh yah and don't take peanut butter packets from the chowhall lol

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
first off congrats.
a few tips, i would definitely start getting addresses of people that are close to you because the only thing really nice in boot camp is getting a nice letter from your loved ones. especially since you'll be there during the holidays. make sure you're physically fit and if not, your recruiter failed you. make sure you get plenty of rest before you go because your first day you will be up for a long time trust me. and remember to fear the silver bullet lol! tough it out and before you know it you'll hit the fleet. Good Luck! oh yah and don't take peanut butter packets from the chowhall lol

I had to Google "silver bullet". Is that the USMC equivalent of telling someone to hydrate?

03cobrah

Established Member
it's basically a big silver thermometer, they'll use it on you if you're a heat casualty and they'll pretty much do it on the spot. make sure you HYDRATE

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
3 months of pain hate and discontent.

Looking back i would do it all over again.

Congrats to you for taking on the challenge and good luck.
Very few things in life will be more satisfying than earning the Eagle Globe and Anchor.

jliddle

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words. I think waiting to ship is the worst part, you have all the time to get yourself worked up about it. Im the type that just wants to go and get it done.

only a gt

Established Member
Congratulations. Stay mentally tough and you should be fine. Remember its all mind games.

This. I was once told to climb into a ziploc sandwhich bag. Looking back, I think it was hilarious. At the time, as I was getting smoked for not being able to get into it, I was like "wtffffff did I get myself into".

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
LOL stress cards at 3rd Bat. That would be the day.

3rd Bat Mco plt 3073 Grad Sept 3, 1993

Good times. You will enjoy the island hopping campaign. Tons of fun going from sand box to sand box.

7.62x51

Established Member
Don't be a wussy.

What branch did you serve in?

OP - have fun, 3 months goes by fast. By brother is was just in boot camp (MCRD SD) it seems and he is already through his first deployment in Afghanistan. He is an 0342 mortarman. youll be fine

Last

Established Member
What branch did you serve in?

OP - have fun, 3 months goes by fast. By brother is was just in boot camp (MCRD SD) it seems and he is already through his first deployment in Afghanistan. He is an 0342 mortarman. youll be fine

A little late 7.62, He is learning to drill right about now.

Users who are viewing this thread