Parking Tickets!!!

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
Okay, so I got a parking ticket for having expired registration and parking in front of a fire hydrant (there was a car parked right in front of me, and I didn't see the hydrant!) Whatever, I'm guilty. ANYWAY, my question is, my 21 days are up tomorrow, and I completely forgot to pay it. I'm trying to pay it online, but I don't have a citation number, there's not one to be found, and one was never mailed to me. What do I do? Also, since one of the violations was code 4000(a)(1), what happens if I can't provide proof of correction?

Correctable Violations
If you were issued a citation for violation of 5204a or 4000a1 of the California Vehicle Code, you must provide valid proof of correction with your citation or notice.

That's on the website, and on the back of the ticket (it's really just an envelope), but the only citation numbers on the back of the ticket that state that need to be corrected are 5200 and 5204, nothing about 4000(a)(1) - 4000(a)(1) is hand-written on the front of the ticket btw. The only reason I found out about that was through their website.

https://www.pticket.com/HB/registration_violation.html

A) Where do I get my citation number?
B) What happens if I can't provide proof of registration?
C) If I would have payed this via mail, and not provided proof of correction due to not knowing, what would have happened?

Thanks!

[EDIT]

I forgot to say I got another one about a week ago where I live for the same expired tags (4000(a)(1)), but that one says NOTHING about correcting the violation. Do I need anything with that one as well? Btw, I can't provide proof of correction due to I have to do some stuff before I can get my tags.

Last edited:

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
I really wanna pay these right now, but what happens if I can't provide proof of correction? I can't find the answer anywhere on Google :(.

99cobra302

Established Member
are you sure its a full citation? i got one cause i am a bit absent minded sometimes and forgot to renew mine. i got a "city ordinance" violation not an actual ticket.

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
The only way to correct a 4000(a)1 is to pay your registration. Period.
I just stopped driving my car because of the expired tags. I don't have insurance on it, so that's another reason I'm not driving it. Will paying the registration fix that? Can I just pay the registration and get the insurance later, and they just hold onto the sticker? I went through some problems, which is why all of this is coming down on me now.

Users who are viewing this thread