Parking question...

DrZacharyus

Banned
Where I live we have parking spots about 50 yards away from our townhome. We have three vehicles, one in the driveway, one in the garage, and one in one of the parking spots. Now these spots are not number so they're not assigned to any specific dwelling. They have towed our vehicles for being in the street and such which is not uncommon.
Today my vehicle was towed during the day in a non-numbered parking spot; the charge is $178.00. The property manager says we can not park in these spots and she does NOT give a specific reason, she just says we can't. Is this legal? I am really pissed off because I was in a non-numbered spot and is was the middle of the day. This caused me to miss class. Everyone parks there overnight and they used to tow every night but now only tow if you're in a spot. Thanks in advance :rockon:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you own the property you need to look at the covenants of your development. If you are a renter you need to ask your landlord for the HOA rules. A lot of times all spots are reserved for guests and not meant for the parking of residents.

DrZacharyus

Banned
If you own the property you need to look at the covenants of your development. If you are a renter you need to ask your landlord for the HOA rules. A lot of times all spots are reserved for guests and not meant for the parking of residents.

Own the property, two of them. I have sent the HOA rules to our lawyer to have him read the cluase. We have spots that say guest specifically on them.

Users who are viewing this thread