Parking Brake Light

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I've noticed my parking brake light has been on. Over the past few months, it would start to come on when I was coming to a stop as if it were an indicator for the regular brakes.

Now, instead of coming on sporadically during braking, its coming on more often during regular driving, except when I'm accelerating. As I accelerate in each gear, the light will be off, but it'll come on when I switch gears. And then it'll stay on when I'm at cruising speed.

It's almost like it has an accelerometer built in to it that's getting increasingly sensitive.

I'm in a constant battle with the idiot lights in my car. I just figured out the check engine light, and now it's this.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Top Fuel Friday

Dang!
Established Member
I believe it comes on when the brake fluid is low also...

This.

Check your fluid, if it's fine your sensor on the reservoir may be bad. If your fluid is low you should go ahead and bleed your brakes as there is a good chance there is air in your lines if the light has been coming on for a while.

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
This.

Check your fluid, if it's fine your sensor on the reservoir may be bad. If your fluid is low you should go ahead and bleed your brakes as there is a good chance there is air in your lines if the light has been coming on for a while.

Thanks for the advice. Now that I think about it, my fluid may just be low...I'll mess with it this afternoon.

My brakes feel fine, I just had my master cylinder replaced a year or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread