Park Brake Assembly

50q's

Established Member
I need some help finding some bolts. I broke the rear bolt that holds down the park brake assembly. I went to the ford dealership but had no luck. I pulled my transmission out and with the driveline out of the car I have access to removing this bolt with more ease. Is there anyone on here that can help me find the part number to this bolt?

hotcobra03

Established Member
I glanced in manual..

sounded more like bolt is a stud..

normally it gives part numbers for bolts in pic it didnt show anything..

hotcobra03

Established Member
Try from laptop..

fordparts.com

see if pics open..it's not mobile friendly...

than use

fordpartsgiant.com

for breakdown of tiny part numbers..

it used to be all in 1 site but changes have taken some things away for use rebuilders vs part changers

SlowSVT

Established Member
Your post is not very clear what exactly you are looking for. Are you referring to the E-brake lever assy?

50q's

Established Member
Still have not been able to find this stud. bump for some needed help. it appears to be a stud that holds the e brake assembly to the body.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Still not getting any answers on this.

Fords use of a stud in this location has me scratching my head but they did use one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmaxzGgFwE

Perhaps someone can explain why but I don't see the reason for it perhaps it's to speed installing it on the assembly line. All your doing is bolting the parking brake bracket to the chassis. The only thing I can think of is a nut/stud is less prone to stripping the threads than screwing a bolt into the threaded inserts in the floor pan. During servicing a sloppy mechanic could cross thread the insert with a bolt and may be tempted to drive the bolt down anyhow hoping it doesn't come loose later on. This could become a huge liability for Ford should one of their service mechanic mess this up so they used a stud to prevent cross threading.

My advice is to buy a M6 stud or make one and use that with a fat washer. A bolt IMO opinion would be acceptable but I can see the value of using a stud in this location for the reason stated.

Users who are viewing this thread