Parallel vs series fuel rail setup...

96snake719

Established Member
Ok guys school me on this subject... Is parallel really better or does it not matter? I had mine in series since I rebuilt the motor, but am having all kinds of fuel issues so im in the process of switching to parallel right now in hopes that it might change things... Do certain set ups and combos prefer one over the other? Let me hear your opinions... Thanks nick

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
all depends on the fuel pressure regulator location if you run in series- I run mine in series and have no problems with it. If you run in series the feed line goes to the back of the pass side, then crosses to the driver side in the front, and the FPR should be after the back of the driver's side rail setup to 39 psi at idle, then the return line from the fpr back to the tank. when you say you have fuel issues- please be more specific as it's 99% of the time tuning related.

96snake719

Established Member
The way I originally had mine was... Feed line to drivers side rail crossed over in the front to pass. And then from the back Of the pass. Rail to the regulator, and then back to the tank... I set it up now so I have the feed line Y'd into the back of each rail then out the front looped back around to both sides of the regulator and out the bottom to the tank...

Encased I have talked to you about my issues before... Particularly the car running rough as hell and rich all the time... Recently actually and we came to the conclusion that my fpr bit the dust... So i got another one and decided if I'm gonna change that out I might as well try another setup too just to rule that out of the equation. I've heard mixed opinions on the two setups and wonder if I will get better results from running parallel, or if it plain just doesn't matter...

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
The way I originally had mine was... Feed line to drivers side rail crossed over in the front to pass. And then from the back Of the pass. Rail to the regulator, and then back to the tank... I set it up now so I have the feed line Y'd into the back of each rail then out the front looped back around to both sides of the regulator and out the bottom to the tank...

Encased I have talked to you about my issues before... Particularly the car running rough as hell and rich all the time... Recently actually and we came to the conclusion that my fpr bit the dust... So i got another one and decided if I'm gonna change that out I might as well try another setup too just to rule that out of the equation. I've heard mixed opinions on the two setups and wonder if I will get better results from running parallel, or if it plain just doesn't matter...

sorry for the mixup, I email back and forth with so many forum members about setups it's hard to keep up sometimes. lol. hopefully you have much better luck this go round. In remembrance I am convinced your fpr was the culprit and hope that you'll have no further problems. :beer:

96snake719

Established Member
but as far as running the parallel setup now? would or could that change anything... if we take the fpr out of the equation?

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
but as far as running the parallel setup now? would or could that change anything... if we take the fpr out of the equation?

shouldn't change anything if the tune is correct in it's injector values. fuel pressure has a great effect on things when not regulated correctly. I think you'll be pleased with your new results- if the tune is right that is.

Users who are viewing this thread