Papa got some brand new shoes

pohnjarker

Established Member
I picked up a couple Ventus V12 evo 275/40/19 to replace my two rear wheels after 18k miles.

I got a good deal from discounttires.com and had them delivered a few days later. I took them up to Wal-Mart :bash: to have them put on.

I like the way they look and they feel a whole hell of a lot better than the stockers...since they are new i have better traction of course but i think they will do great for a while. one of my stock tires was almost bald and one had more than enough to keep for a spare.

what is a good PSI to run in them? I have 35PSI in them now so should i leave it like that or add some more??

VentusnexttoStock.jpg

VentusV12evo.jpg

VentusV12evo1.jpg

Last edited:

Lewis26

Established Member
In your picture of the two next to eachother, they were not facing the correct direction.

Mounted, they are correct. You will see a rotation arrow on the outside of the tire as well that shows you which direction they are supposed to rotate.

I looked at the v12's, but did not like the soft sidewall. I wanted something closer to the stiffness of the stock pirellis, so I went with the BFG g-force Sport COMP 2.

SicShelby09

Banned
Looks nice but I think the side wall is a tad too tall for my tastes. I think a 275/35 would look a little bit meaner. Whatever the stock tire/wheel height, is what I think looks best on these cars. Wider ofcourse, but the same height.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Look on the drivers door for the proper tire pressure.

Looks good! Now get some more pictures from a distance;)

cbaty08

Established Member
I've got the same tires myself, love them!

EDIT: FOR PSI - If you are ever worried about if you are wearing correctly with the new tires in regards to PSI.... you can take a piece of chalk and draw a line across the tread.... drive around for a little and see where the chalk wears the fastest. Learned this one from my pops.

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
I've got the same tires myself, love them!

EDIT: FOR PSI - If you are ever worried about if you are wearing correctly with the new tires in regards to PSI.... you can take a piece of chalk and draw a line across the tread.... drive around for a little and see where the chalk wears the fastest. Learned this one from my pops.

Props to your pops. Great idea.

Laloosh

Established Member
Sorry to to ruin your fun but those tires are the worst I have ever tried. In 5k miles you will be sideways in 2nd and 3rd :(

cbaty08

Established Member
Sorry to to ruin your fun but those tires are the worst I have ever tried. In 5k miles you will be sideways in 2nd and 3rd :(

All this comes down to is opinion really... these tires are working well for many people; I don't track my car, so I can't say how well they are for a track.. for street (and me..) they work just fine. :D

faztcobra

Established Member
Can you post another shot of the wheel/tire from a side angle? Just curious how the 275 looks on the brembo rim for future reference. I'm sure I'll be tire shopping in 6 months.

Laloosh

Established Member
All this comes down to is opinion really... these tires are working well for many people; I don't track my car, so I can't say how well they are for a track.. for street (and me..) they work just fine. :D

Well I based my opinion of personal useage and the experience my friend had with them. Decent when new and above 60 degrees out. Once you get some miles on them both us got really good at drifting lol. Neither car was a mustang so maybe the extra weight will change things for you. Stab it in 2nd at 40 and you will be at limiter before you can even react.

pohnjarker

Established Member
it really came down to price/reviews

I have read a lot of good reviews and few negative ones...then i took the price and it was about 50 bucks cheaper per tire to get the 275/40 than the 275/35, give or take.

the stockers put me sideways pretty much anytime i mashed the gas too much so these cant be much worse can they??

not sure what kind of pic you're looking for faztcobra but i'll take a couple more and post them.

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
can you post some pics from a little farther away from the car? like a direct side shot and one directly from the rear.

Is there any way you can measure the height from the ground to the top of the tire compared to the stock pirrelis?

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
Stock is about 26" and the Ventus are about 26.75"

Thanks!

you are still running the stock front tires right? Do you plan on doing 275/40 v12's up front also?

Get a set of springs on there and it will look perfect!

pohnjarker

Established Member
Thanks!

you are still running the stock front tires right? Do you plan on doing 275/40 v12's up front also?

Get a set of springs on there and it will look perfect!

i'll get springs when i get back from overseas in a year

i'm either going to keep the 255/40s up front or maybe go down to the 245/40s...id rather not get a wider tire than stock up front but anything can happen i guess, depends on what kind of deal i can get.

Last edited:

NASCAR5.0

Established Member
stock is 255/40 not 255/35.

Keep us updated on how well they stick compared to the stock pirrellis.

Users who are viewing this thread