Panther Body Thoughts

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm not looking to change the world here fellas, just enjoy the car a little. I get bored and this is one of those things I've wanted to play with for a long time.

I'm thinking F150 gen 2 donor drivetrain with 6r80 (lkqonline for all the wins), frpp controls pack, some off the shelf stock mustang gt cams and timing parts (because truck firing order....blah, blah), a driveshaft, a couple of panda express snail bois, super glue, chicken bones, and a reach around.

Unless your goal is to build a super quick track beater or something, stay away from P71's which is what everyone who wants a "fast panther" tends to do. The appeal of a vomit comet is lost on me.

At least if you find a clean rust free marauder, all the effort and money you're about to put into it is somewhat worth it.

Buy a MARAUDER...you won't regret it...

Mine:

I regret buying and keeping a second one.

Was not memeing.

You can get a complete engine with accessories, wiring harness, transmission, Ecu and TCU for under $3k all day long.

Right there you have a +100whp increase on a stock Panther.

Injectors, Turbo, FMIC, Tune and exhaust and you have a 600whp Panther without opening the engine.

It's a solid option. Basically an American Chaser at that point.

That would actually be a pretty cool swap.

I'm pretty sure someone did a swap like this a couple years ago, it was in a ratty P71 and I can't recall if he used a 1JZ or 2JZ. Whole car was a hack job but it was indeed swapped.

Barra swap would be a lot cooler though. 2JZ is indeed a meme engine swap, just like the LSx swap.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
87657ee003b7a7906edc9b5475ba9c0c.jpg

beeradd

Established Member
I just picked up an 08 grand marquis LS.
One owner, super clean, use it to stack miles on for work.
I love it!
averaging 23-24 mpg

Attachments

• A8F9EF17-32F6-4E25-8002-3D110F2F2D6B.jpeg
    A8F9EF17-32F6-4E25-8002-3D110F2F2D6B.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 191

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
marauders have the 4vs but they only run like 15s stock, laughable for a "performance" car.

Yeah they are so slow that a glacier can pass them by with ease. The Marauder was quicker than what most people thought I was in 14.9 territory with mine stock, with just a tune, 4.10 gears and a 65mm 2001 Cobra BBK TB I done almost a flat 14.50. Then when I finally got the 5.0L stroker, Trilogy S/C, K&N intake with 12 # of boost I was almost breaking into 12.89 territory on the stock 18" BF Goodrich rubber and everything that the car came with from the factory still in it, full spare, 6 disc CD changer and a few other things owner manual and locking lugnut key in the glove box. for 4,500 lbs it was anything but slow for how big and unaerodynamic as it was

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I'm selling the 2016 and looking to get a nice cash car and I keep going back to the Panther bodies.

I would love a Marauder, but a nice CV will do. I know there are a few Panther guys on the site so

What should I look out for? Gotchas?
Sounds like a Lincoln Town Car with a Terminator swap is in order. Even comes with a factory Watts link. :D

***EDIT*** Or get your hands on a 96-98 Cobra or Mark VIII engine and go all John Mihovitz on it. Twin Turbos, 2000 hp and a high stall 4R100. :D :D :D

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
My buddy’s MM with a Trilogy, stock gears and stock converter ran 13.1 on street tires with 32psi and 3 child seats in the back seat. Super comfortable car with nice handling. Back then that was pretty quick, especially for a full size sedan.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm not looking to change the world here fellas, just enjoy the car a little. I get bored and this is one of those things I've wanted to play with for a long time.

I'm thinking F150 gen 2 donor drivetrain with 6r80 (lkqonline for all the wins), frpp controls pack, some off the shelf stock mustang gt cams and timing parts (because truck firing order....blah, blah), a driveshaft, a couple of panda express snail bois, super glue, chicken bones, and a reach around.

FRPP controls pack has inputs/outputs for instrumentation. You should be able to connect your factory gauges, correct?

FWIW I found a terminator swapped marauder on Craigslist for 14K, looks decent, but is a little rough.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
What type of Highway mileage can I get out of a stock Panther?

I'm suddenly hit with the stupid idea to buy one for my work trips to Detroit and Grand Rapids (twice a week, 500-700 miles). Been doing it for a few months and will likely be doing it for another 6-12 months.

Zemedici

Established Member
Was not memeing.

You can get a complete engine with accessories, wiring harness, transmission, Ecu and TCU for under $3k all day long.

Right there you have a +100whp increase on a stock Panther.

Injectors, Turbo, FMIC, Tune and exhaust and you have a 600whp Panther without opening the engine.

It's a solid option. Basically an American Chaser at that point.

Whaaaat where? To buy them

Users who are viewing this thread