Panhard bar recommendation

Kel

Established Member
Finally got my tires on order for the Alcoas. Rears are 305/35-20 555R's. In talking to DTD and the installing shop, they're recommending a panhard bar (stock suspension). What are you guys running/recommending? Thanks.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Last edited:

Kel

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Now, I'll just need the BMR SVTP discount code :)

Snoopy, did you need to do an alignment after install/adjusting?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Now, I'll just need the BMR SVTP discount code :)

Snoopy, did you need to do an alignment after install/adjusting?

No alignment was necessary, the panhard doesn't effect the alignment, but I did re-center the rearend. My car was about a 3/16" off towards the drivers side from the factory. Now after a quick and easy adjustment of the panhard bar, it is centered. If you go the poly bushing route, make sure you lube the bushing before and after the install and make sure you torque the bar with weight on wheels or axle. `

Kel

Established Member
Ordered! Installer busted two keys on the OEM wheel lug nuts, says he had to really crank on them to get them off. Hard to believe as the car is super low miles and never been in crappy weather/exposed to salt/corrosion to bugger them up. Guess I'll have to order a new key and eliminate the locks, sheesh. Anyone ordered a replacement from McGard and know how long it takes to get (closed on Sundays)?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
If you need the specific key from McGard, no idea.

I ordered a set of locking lugs (4) and a key that were from ebay brand new. I just searched the part number of the factory set that came in the car. I think I only paid $20 for a whole setup.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread