panhard bar fitment

98-svt-stang

Established Member
I just finished installing a maximim motorsports panhard bar in my 1998 mustang cobra. Just in case anyone wants to know. A slp loudmouth catback will clear a maximum motorsports panhard bar on a 1998 mustang cobra. But just barely. The car handles much better now.

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
How did the install go? I have one awaiting install as well. Any extra NVH?
Was it a dramatic improvement in handling?

98-svt-stang

Established Member
How did the install go? I have one awaiting install as well. Any extra NVH?
Was it a dramatic improvement in handling?

Install sucked doing it off jackstands. It took me a few nights but it also painted the area under the chassis mount after drilling all the holes. No nvh that I can tell. Definitely worth it. Car feels planted through corners. And theres even a huge difference just driving down the highway. The car doesn’t wander at all. It just goes straight with very little steering correction. Im very happy with the results.

98-svt-stang

Established Member
Thanks for the photos and report. What other suspension mods?

Eibach lowering springs, poly spring isolators, Eibach sway bars, Eibach struts, Maximum motorsports heavy duty rear lower control arms, maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors, new stock rubber bushing upper control arms, caster camber plates, solid rack bushings, and maximum motorsports solid steering shaft. I have a bump steer kit that I need to install.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Eibach lowering springs, poly spring isolators, Eibach sway bars, Eibach struts, Maximum motorsports heavy duty rear lower control arms, maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors, new stock rubber bushing upper control arms, caster camber plates, solid rack bushings, and maximum motorsports solid steering shaft. I have a bump steer kit that I need to install.

Lol that is almost my exact setup. I have the MM panhard and steering shaft awaiting install now. MM K member and supporting pieces will be ordered very shortly as well (turbo install).
How do you like the steering shaft? Draric difference? Or did you do it along with other mods.

98-svt-stang

Established Member
Lol that is almost my exact setup. I have the MM panhard and steering shaft awaiting install now. MM K member and supporting pieces will be ordered very shortly as well (turbo install).
How do you like the steering shaft? Draric difference? Or did you do it along with other mods.

I really like the steering shaft. I could tell a difference in how responsive the steering is. Steering wheel felt much tighter and more connected to the tires. But I also did aluminum rack bushings at the same time. But between the both it was a big improvement. Wish I had the money for their k-member but just cant swing it right now especially since I’m in the process of buying a house. And I think ill get a torque arm before the k member.

98-svt-stang

Established Member
Thanks for the break out. How low did you go with the Eibach springs, i.e. which ones?

I think they are a 1.5” drop. The springs, struts, and sway bars were already on the car when I bought it. I installed everything else. I’m pretty sure it was one of the kits they used to sell.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Good to know. I already have the panhard bar and SLPs. Currently getting ready to buy the rest of the rear suspension and a whole new rear diff.. So I will be doing that.

Glad it clears lol

L YEAH

Established Member
Does anyone know if this will fit with Magnaflow catback? I'm installing my MM panhard later this month.

Install looks clean! I have similar suspension mods also with the FLSFC, the HD LCA's, solid steering rack bushings and poly all through the front. ALso have the steeda x2 ball joints and the MM CC plates. The car handles great already, and I hear the PHB makes the biggest difference.

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
there are only a couple of catbacks that fit with the phb. I have the mm phb on mine and the right side had to be modified to fit. my car has a mishmash of exhaust stuff, but the pipes are bassani. they don't fit.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought the LMR tailpipes for my MM phb. MM claims they fit. Haven't installed the phb or tails yet though.:p

98-svt-stang

Established Member
Does anyone know if this will fit with Magnaflow catback? I'm installing my MM panhard later this month.

Install looks clean! I have similar suspension mods also with the FLSFC, the HD LCA's, solid steering rack bushings and poly all through the front. ALso have the steeda x2 ball joints and the MM CC plates. The car handles great already, and I hear the PHB makes the biggest difference.

Thanks and how are the steeda x2 ball joints. I have 03 cobra control arms than im going to put on my 98. Thinking or rebuilding them with poly bushings, x2 ball joints, and get them powder coated .

Users who are viewing this thread