Paintless Dent Repair

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Anyone know of a trustworthy source for paintless dent repair? Backing the car in the garage this morning and the kids heavy ass plastic nerf basketball hoop decided to fall apon my driver side rear quarter panel after a so nicely planned gust of wind from mother nature.....

No scratches and the dent looks as though it can be worked on from inside the trunk. I will have to take the panel out to see. Any suggestions or if you have had personal experience I would appreciate it.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Dent Crafters were recommend to me by Southgate Ford. I had them come to my house and my dent did not lend itself to paintless repair. I had mine repaired at the sealership with new paint. I did a Google search and come up with one in SW MI, I do not think this was the same one. No longer have their number.

69torino

Established Member
There used to be a very good one on main street in plymouth by ann arbor rd. I knew a few people that went there and were glad they did. Its right across from hungry howies .

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Google this:

Heat the metal with a hair dryer, get it hot (watch the paint).
Spray a can of compressed air (cold - like keyboard cleaner).
The ding is 'supposed' to pop out.
No, I have not personally tried it.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
Anyone know of a trustworthy source for paintless dent repair? Backing the car in the garage this morning and the kids heavy ass plastic nerf basketball hoop decided to fall apon my driver side rear quarter panel after a so nicely planned gust of wind from mother nature.....

No scratches and the dent looks as though it can be worked on from inside the trunk. I will have to take the panel out to see. Any suggestions or if you have had personal experience I would appreciate it.

I would not try to "pop" it out on your own before having somebody look at it. Some times you can get lucky but most of the time you end up with more damage. I think you are on the right track with paintless repair. I have seen some results that were amazing. I would check with three companies before giving up hope on the simple fix and having it painted. Don't worry, most of us have been there!

straight out of the gun before color sanding.

DSC00033.jpg

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I have a great guy here in CT that comes right to my shop and charges Great prices. Not that it will do you any good but I have had great luck with PDR. There are some hacks out there so do your homework. Call or stop by your local Benz Dealer and ask them. The Used car Mngr will have the best contacts. Just my 2 cents. Jbrown, I bought my 1st Mustang GT at bil Currie Ford in Tampa back in '83. They were huge then I imagine they have grown since then. I left Fla in '83 and never returned. :burnout:

T.Bone

Established Member
That sucks, I don't know of any place that does it in the area.

Mine was backed in to in Wyandotte the other day. Had it parked at my son's Karate studio and didn't notice it until I got home. 3 nice scrapes in the right rear bumper, it's off to the shop next week.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
There used to be a very good one on main street in plymouth by ann arbor rd. I knew a few people that went there and were glad they did. Its right across from hungry howies .

It's still there, next to the ice cream place (forgot the name).

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I have a great guy here in CT that comes right to my shop and charges Great prices. Not that it will do you any good but I have had great luck with PDR. There are some hacks out there so do your homework. Call or stop by your local Benz Dealer and ask them. The Used car Mngr will have the best contacts. Just my 2 cents. Jbrown, I bought my 1st Mustang GT at bil Currie Ford in Tampa back in '83. They were huge then I imagine they have grown since then. I left Fla in '83 and never returned. :burnout:

Yep, they are still a large dealership. I bought a couple vehicles from them through the years.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Call Tim Quick. He did a great job for me the last time I used him which was a few years ago. (586)485-6058. I met him in a mall parking lot and he performed his dent magic right there.;-)

Jpjr

Established Member
When you turn a lease in at Ford, they hire a company (i don't think they are ford employees) that handles all the paintless bump work before the cars are released to auction. it is really cool watching them work and it is all in the tools.

my point is that wsc i thought you worked for ford and if you do you could find out who they use and contact them.

03SonicStang

Established Member
Hi Brent;

its been a long time!!! I've got (2) Kids now and another on the way! So needless to say, I'm pulling my hair out!!! If you've not got it fixed yet the guy in Plymouth is THE ONLY ONE I WOULD EVER let touch my car; not to mention I'm about 2 minutes away from him. If you want we can set something up and him and you can come down to Plymouth and while he fixes it we could be lunch or something; he usually can do them in about an hour, if we schedule a Date and time. He's worked on my Cobra and the wifes flex and does great work.

let me know; Tom

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Hi Brent;

its been a long time!!! I've got (2) Kids now and another on the way! So needless to say, I'm pulling my hair out!!! If you've not got it fixed yet the guy in Plymouth is THE ONLY ONE I WOULD EVER let touch my car; not to mention I'm about 2 minutes away from him. If you want we can set something up and him and you can come down to Plymouth and while he fixes it we could be lunch or something; he usually can do them in about an hour, if we schedule a Date and time. He's worked on my Cobra and the wifes flex and does great work.

let me know; Tom

I've seen the black coupe running around Plymouth. I usually hear it before I see it! Can't mistake the unique sound of the Cobra. It's been so long since I've driven mine I forget what it's like. I could hear Brent's car from at least a 1/2 mile away once when he left my house. :rockon:

03SonicStang

Established Member
The Black one is not me but I know what car you're talking about! :rockon: I have a Sonic Blue Coupe with FR500 rims and only a Catback. Not loud enough...but is it ever???

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread