Painting Your Calipers......

Venom2001

Established Member
Has anyone painted their brake calipers? If so, what color and what caliper paint did you use.

svtcobra553

Established Member
I painted mine the same coler as the car with just a regular spray paint the brand name escapes my memory but they've been painted for almost a year now with no problems.

Biff

Established Member
As far as painting the calipers goes, what I recommend is this. Go to Pep Boys and get a can of either "engine" paint, or a can of actual "caliper" paint. The caliper paint comes in most ricer style colors. You know, red, black, neon green, bright purple, blue...etc...

You can get engine paint is most basic colors. I used Ford Engine Red. It is real close to the color of my truck. It is good up to temps of 500 degrees. Caliper paint on the other hand is good to 900 degrees and costs about a buck more per can.

Just pick a the color that suits your needs the best and you'll be fine. Make sure that you do the prep work before you paint though.

I wrapped my truck with an industrial roll of glad wrap to take care of any over spray. Also, make sure to clean your rotors and calipers w/ brake cleaner. It's only a couple bucks per can. Buy 2.
You'll use 'em.

If you are real particular, you can psuedo wrap your calipers w/ tin foil so that you only get the paint where you want it.

Another trick would be to spray some paint into a bowl and apply it with a brush.....

Hope this helps! Just take your time and you'll only have to do it once and the results will be awesome! :)

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
The best stuff you can get for your calipers would be from folia tec, i found this stuff when i went with my friend to an import shop. This is the best stuff to use , you will have to mix hardner with the paint, but it will make a shiny coating that is waterproof from anything, i have even used it on other things like the shafts on our boat and saltwater will not even touch it. You can get it in red,silver,black,blue,and yellow. Its hard to find because alot of shops will have to order it to get it because it is about $40-50 dollars a half a pint. This will give you about 2 coats evenly on all calipers and rotors , hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread