Painting wheels. Need HELP

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Hey guys,

I did my :read: , but didnt find what I was looking for so heres my question:

I have a black 99 L with 01 lightning wheels. I wanted to paint the spokes black and get the full lip polished, but it would be more work and money then its worth. So I went down to the powder coating shop and he said $100 a wheel and he will do the whole wheel ( no lip ). I got to have a lip though. My questions are:

- Will the lips on these wheels polish up if I use aircraft stripper ( ive done it before on other wheels, but not sure about these.) ?

- would it look stupid gloss black with the stock gray colored lip?

- Any pics. or photo shop would be greatly appriciated. :bowdown:

Thanks in advance guys,
Tony

1blacksvt

Established Member
Damn $100 per wheel down here where i live its $45 a wheel. Well i got mine sandblasted for $60 for all 4 wheels, then i polished them myself and got them painted cause they don't do custom jobs with the powder coating. The guy said he would charge me $90 per wheel to get what i wanted powder coated but it wasn't gonna be all perfect. Wheels are in my sig. still need some polishing to do i just hate it when it rains its a biatch to keep them clean.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
I cant see your pic. Its just showing a block with an x. So your saying that when you sand blast them they come out with a polished look?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
are you using the stock lugnuts with your newer style wheels on your 99? I had to change my studs out to keep them from shifting back and forth

Users who are viewing this thread