Painting trim panels

Cobra52898

Muscle/Performance car junkie
Established Member
Recently I changed my door and rear side trim panels to those from a 95 GT. I prefer the look of two tone panels that pick up the black from the dash and carry it to the back seat. The door panels are brand new but the rear panels came out of a 95 and need to have the black repainted. I ordered the black interior paint from LMR but wondering what kind of prep work needs to be done to be sure the paint adheres properly and looks factory when done. I'd appreciate some help from anyone that has experience with this.
Thanks

Last edited:

stangbanger856

Established Member
Clean with wax remover (alcohol) auto zone should sell some wipes made by duplicolor. Use those to wipe it all clean and scrub them good to get the years of dirt and armoral build up off. Let its compleatly dry then mask and paint.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I wouldnt waste your time. I tried the same thing with the LRM paint.

I tried to paint my rear panels and tried two methods both resulted in the paint not sticking or scratching off super easy..

The first panel I sanded to ruff it up and clean it down. the paint suck but scratched super easy. when I just cleaned the other with alcohol it didnt adhear very well.

Id suggest finding the correct panel VS paint. Thats what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread