Painting the hood stripe?

Nineonesix

Established Member
Anyone ever actually painted on the hood stripe instead of just the decal. I was thinking about painting it.....gloss black.. along with the rear wing and inbetween the tail lights. Then maybe some black or anthracite fr500's?

This would be on a dsg mach. Im just not sure how the glossy effect would work. I loved the spoiler and tail light on my lazer red v6, but im not to sure how it'd look on dsg?

What do yall think?

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
i dunno about those parts. i have played around with the idea of doing it with the side striping. have you checked to see if anyone on m1r has done it?

03MACH150BP

2003 Mach1 Slowmatic
Established Member
Anyone ever actually painted on the hood stripe instead of just the decal. I was thinking about painting it.....gloss black.. along with the rear wing and inbetween the tail lights. Then maybe some black or anthracite fr500's?

This would be on a dsg mach. Im just not sure how the glossy effect would work. I loved the spoiler and tail light on my lazer red v6, but im not to sure how it'd look on dsg?

What do yall think?

100s have. Checkthemout on M1R

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I thought about doing the hood stripe in a semi gloss black. The only drawback is that it's pretty permanent then.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
You have a good point there, but with a decal I can always remove it if I need to change a piece or run totally without it. When it's painted if I get a scratch or tear I can't easily replace that portion. A friend of mine painted his a few years ago and of course his dog scratched it soon after, it still has the marks in it today, a constant reminder of a dog long gone.:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread