painting roof portion black, cost?

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
i want to paint my roof black. how much do you think it would cost for prep and paint?

example:

hobjv0.jpg

Last edited:

rgs

Established Member
my car is in for paint right now getting that exact thing done.

im also getting some other stuff painted up so im not too sure on the price of just the roof

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member

im also getting some other stuff painted up so im not too sure on the price of just the roof

if you could, ask them what it costs just for the roof.

what other things did they do? i may get a hood and have it painted at the same time.

69mach03

Established Member

A WHITE SN95!!! Please post pics after completion!!!! :rockon:

rgs

Established Member
A WHITE SN95!!! Please post pics after completion!!!! :rockon:

of course :)

if you could, ask them what it costs just for the roof.

what other things did they do? i may get a hood and have it painted at the same time.

will do. im getting a cobra bumper and s281 wing at the same time. and getting a couple little body things fixed up.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Looks like a regular 3 inch cowl hood. Honestly I wouldnt ditch the cobra hood if I was you, its one of the parts on our cars that helps us stand out.

As for the paintjob, I'd ballpark anywhere from 700-1000. 500 would probably be if the shop was a good deal, a friend, or a shitty paintjob (unfortunately sometimes its all of the above). With paint I dont mess around I take it to the person I know will do the best job, otherwise it will be a headache in 2-3 years. I'm sure you know this. In my area I got my hood done for 300 (excellent body guy I know), and my front bumper for 450 (good paint shop in the area), so I'd say a huge portion of the car like that would be a bit more. Really it depends on your area, and the shops you bring it to. Thats just my 0.02

That red and black cobra looks really nice, he just needs to take off the super-horsepower-adder stickers, for the love of God.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You guys who want pictures of a real white with black roof combo, check this out:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2491921

That red and black cobra looks really nice, he just needs to take off the super-horsepower-adder stickers, for the love of God.

If I remember correctly that car was had like 750hp at the wheels. I'll let a few small stickers slide for that.

69mach03

Established Member
219385.jpg

i got the wing already ordered and to get my roof painted by a buddy for 300.00

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not really a Draglite fan, but that car is RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS!

I want mine to look like that -- it is PERFECT.

What hood and wing is on the car?

WOW -- JUST WOW

Link to the cardomain profile? Additional pix???

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
You guys who want pictures of a real white with black roof combo, check this out:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2491921

If I remember correctly that car was had like 750hp at the wheels. I'll let a few small stickers slide for that.

this guy is a member on chicagosvt.com. ive seen the car in person, real nice ride.

i think its just got mostly bolt ons...

Users who are viewing this thread