Painting my Engine.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
So I got my brand new engine, 0 miles on it baby... I’ve finished building up the internals. And now I’m just getting things ready for final install when I suddenly thought, what could make my engine stand out? I KNOW ill paint it; I’m going to paint the block black, but what should my valve covers be? I’m really leaning on bright silver, maybe gold for it! But I want some more ideas on what I should paint and such. So any ideas before I finish? I am at a loss on how I can make my car stand out. I love my body and paint as is and I have no want for billet parts! :cuss: I am looking to do something original or just one off. You know?

any ideas would kick ass. Thanks

Steve

Wintermute

Banned
a) this is a bad idea

b) if you dont want to pay for chrome, then stick to basic colours, black and red. Silver or other metallic paint will look like shit and probably will not hold well.

c) as always: jmo.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
If it starts to chip or your prep-work was not done correctly, its going to look bad, really bad. I'd leave it alone, painted engines are made for garage queens. You could do valve covers, but I'd think that is it.

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
if you paint your valve covers gold i will kick you in the nutz!!!!! ;) i think gold would look mega ghetto. if you want it to stick out then paint it ford blue

forcedLX

Established Member
what is the correct way of painted a engine? i want to paint mine black but i dont want it chipping down the road..

Users who are viewing this thread