painting Eaton, which color??

HouseSVT

Searching for 03...
Established Member
Liked the looks of the painted eaton's, considering doing this while the blowers off for Steg to port it..Anyone think it would look good Red? I really like the falt black look, but thought with my car being Torch the blower would look good red too...

HouseSVT

Searching for 03...
Established Member
InArmyWPride said:
Ya red would be diff. U have a color scheme now?
Dont have to much to go on yet, just figured this might look good under there..Black BF pulleys and then the red blower..

TorchRed04GT

Established Member
Torch Red Blower
eatonchop.gif

RedFire Blower
eatonredfire.gif

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
i would strongly advise against painting the blower. all of us know how hot those things get. now imagine a nother layer of paint to go through. the best thing for performance would be to even take off the factory paint to distribute the heat better. go do what you want but it doesnt sound like a very smart thing to do. good luck though.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I'm curious to know why Ford paints their engine blocks black? Rumor is that it dissapates heat better.

These things do get hot, but if you're pulling it off to paint it, send it out for porting, and buy a HE. I think that will keep the temps down to a reasonable level.

bnglcat

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
I'm curious to know why Ford paints their engine blocks black? Rumor is that it dissapates heat better.

These things do get hot, but if you're pulling it off to paint it, send it out for porting, and buy a HE. I think that will keep the temps down to a reasonable level.

It is a weird concept at first. Black is the best for heat absorbtion, but yet it has been proven to be better for heat disappation as well.

My eaton will be going black too, but strickly for looks. I thought about the redfire shown above, but I am not too sure about it yet. So far, I am going black...

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
get it painted with a wrinkle texture. will look much nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread