Painting Carbon Fiber

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting a carbon fiber super snake hood for my 2013 GT500 but was just wondering if any one knows the problems that may arise with painting carbon fiber. I've read up and it sounds like it is a little more involving than say a metal hood but not much different than a fiberglass one.

Any truth to this?

blackvette101

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm planning on getting a carbon fiber super snake hood for my 2013 GT500 but was just wondering if any one knows the problems that may arise with painting carbon fiber. I've read up and it sounds like it is a little more involving than say a metal hood but not much different than a fiberglass one.

Any truth to this?

yes its harder to do right. but if its done right it will be just as durable as a regular paint job. if its done wrong you will start to see the carbon fiber design under the paint. Take it to someone that knows what their doing and has done it before.

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
yes its harder to do right. but if its done right it will be just as durable as a regular paint job. if its done wrong you will start to see the carbon fiber design under the paint. Take it to someone that knows what their doing and has done it before.

Shall do, thanks for the advice, I figured it would be easy to do if someone actually knows what they are doing :rockon:

shelby mark

Established Member
Hey guys,

Any truth to this?

dry carbon is the way to go

MrUnsubtleNinja

Established Member
Another thing, is it even worth it to put a carbon fiber hood on? I'm not doing fiberglass for sure but I want to know if I should put hood pins on because if that is the case I'm just saying screw the whole thing....

Users who are viewing this thread