Painting calipers

04.5cummins

Established Member
Hi all-
I’m getting ready to repaint my front and rear calipers. For those of you that have performed this process already, how did you remove the Brembo decals on the front calipers?

I thank you in advance,
Gary

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I didn't, painted over them and it was fine. The brake caliper paint is pretty thick and it'll cover it nicely. I then ordered decals, I almost went with Shelby but then decided to go with Brembo, their logo is actually pretty cool and the new decal is a Brembo logo decal and it is an accurate repaint that way too. But, you could get your name as a decal if you wanted, or GT500, etc., really anything that fits.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Ed posted a link (thanks Ed!) to a thread where there's some pics of some calipers that I've powder coated. Let me know if you need some help.

If you decide to just paint them, I can make you a new Brembo sticker in any color you'd like.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Go to fordgt500.com in the DIY section. I did a thread on my caliper painting project earlier this year with pictures and "how to" info. I'd post the actual link, but I think they get removed here.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Goose, if the photos are yours, you have every right to elaborate on your caliper paint project here. There is nothing stopping you from an SVTP writeup.

Goose17

Established Member
A link to my pictures/write up:

REMOVED LINK -MODERATOR

mustang loco

Established Member
Nice job/thread goose..don't have any write ups but here's a pic of mine once finished..

photo-2.jpg

Goose17

Established Member
Both above are awesome. Adds a lot of color to the wheel well.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Goose - I was implying a writeup here, not a link back to that site. You can't see the photos there unless you are registered anyway. Post them up here if you can.

Tob

Goose17

Established Member
Ok, know the rules now. Duplicate threads with pics is too labor intensive. Guys (including me) post links to stuff on this site over "there" without problems however.

And, you CAN see the pictures without logging in or registering.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I don't make the rules. And as someone who has done a writeup or two, I never saw copying and pasting text or jpg's as too labor intensive. That's your choice.

As to what you CAN see if you aren't registered, or even if you are but your account has yet to be activated...

Capture1.jpg

Clink on a photo link in red...

Capture.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread