Painting brembo brakes?

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
So the brembo brakes look sweet right, but the gray dull color is sortof washed out looking. Has anyone painted theirs? How do you do the logo again over the new color? Do you clear coat them too? I obviously want the typical red color.

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
had mine powder coated to match the car for $40. new stickers are less than $10 on ebay

IMAG0439.jpg

phack

Established Member
had mine powder coated to match the car for $40. new stickers are less than $10 on ebay

IMAG0439.jpg

Where did you have that done? Did you do any prep work to it? I worry that the bead blasted finish on the caliper would transfer through the powder coat and you would need to polish it first.

alex12gt

Established Member
Im going to take my reg brake calipers and pain them ive got color matched g2 paint
Not sure what im going to add for a sticker......is it retarded if i add brembo stickers?

Lewis26

Established Member
Im going to take my reg brake calipers and pain them ive got color matched g2 paint
Not sure what im going to add for a sticker......is it retarded if i add brembo stickers?

If you don't have Brembos, don't put Brembo logos on your car.

False advertising is rice.

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
WOW, Guy all of your brakes look sweet, Does engine paint work well or the actual caliper paint, and powder coating obviously requires caliper removal, right?

Lewis26

Established Member
Just ordered the g2 caliper epoxy coating kit in red for my brembos and rear brakes. And then some white brembo stickers.

I think it's gonna look awesome on my PW car

99mstng

Established Member
Just ordered the g2 caliper epoxy coating kit in red for my brembos and rear brakes. And then some white brembo stickers.

I think it's gonna look awesome on my PW car

Did you order one of the custom Mustang colors or just the basic red? Be sure to post pics! I'm interested in doing Red with either white or black Brembo logo on my Black 5.0.

grnenvy

Established Member
I have been using the G2 product for years and it works awesome.
But it only looks as good as the guy installing it.
U need to prep the calipers real good. The Brake cleaner they give u IMOP isn't enough so buy more. I buy those little handy sprayers and Home Depot and spray the epoxy paint on it turns out so much better. The product hardens fast so make sure your ready to paint both at the same time. I also always buy extra so I can do a couple coats so it looks real nice and smooth. good luck

phack

Established Member
I've heard good things about the VHT line of caliper paint. I'm going to be sanding down my Brembo calipers smooth, putting on a few coats of red, then decals then a few coats of high temp clear coat. Hopefully it looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread