Painted TVS??

455HO71

Established Member
I just finished painting the "5.8 and TVS" on the supercharger with high heat emamel after prepping. I don't want to paint the rest of the supercharger and would rather keep it looking factory but was toying with the idea of making it a little different by spraying a couple of light coats of Rustoleum ulta high heat clear coat. I've been trying to find other ppl who have used clear coat on the bare factory surface without adding another color first. I've seen a couple of posts about potentially yellowing over time. Not many people seem to have done this. The look I'm after is just a bit of sheen to it without changing the color. Thoughts?
painted blower.jpg

shelby2

Established Member
Do not I repeat do not clear!!!! It will yellow the only time it doesn't is when the clear is fresh. Even brand new will yellow I know the hard way you'll be a-ok without clearing.

455HO71

Established Member
Do not I repeat do not clear!!!! It will yellow the only time it doesn't is when the clear is fresh. Even brand new will yellow I know the hard way you'll be a-ok without clearing.

I have read the same but not on an intake. I am even a bit skeptical with the 2000 degree clear. I think I'm gonna take the high road on this and leave it alone. I appreciate the response :)

Users who are viewing this thread