Painted TVS

HateFist

Established Member
Picked up a Trinity TVS recently and got it prettied up a bit before I put her on. I get pics of it once it's on too.

supercharger_zps524b75b6.gif

Clemson

Established Member
Soooooo youre putting that on your 07? Probably wouldn't have wanted the 5.8 to stand out in that case.

mystickb1996

Established Member
will look good on the car but i would have shaved the 5.8 off the case first.. being you have a 5.4 but still looks great man!!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Still looks great IMO 5.8 or not on it. I had it shaved from mines, but that still looks good as it stands.

Besides half of the people who see it will not even know what 5.8 stands for....

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Still looks great IMO 5.8 or not on it. I had it shaved from mines, but that still looks good as it stands.

Besides half of the people who see it will not even know what 5.8 stands for....

That was my thinking. Most car guys don't even know.

HateFist

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how it came out. Yeah I thought about shaving or not painting the 5.8, but I figured leaving it would give a cool symmetry to the look. Also anyone who knows it's a 5.4 and not a 5.8 also probably knows where the supercharger came from, but I can see why some people would shave it.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how it came out. Yeah I thought about shaving or not painting the 5.8, but I figured leaving it would give a cool symmetry to the look. Also anyone who knows it's a 5.4 and not a 5.8 also probably knows where the supercharger came from, but I can see why some people would shave it.

Yup. I think the only guys that get butt hurt are the 13-14 guys.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Couldnt care less.... not my car. Just similar to putting fake badging on your car imo.

It's not fake badging that was added. It's not like he had 5.8 added to his old blower lol. Anyone that knows anything about gt500's knows its just a 13-14 blower.

I honestly think its worse that some of the 10-12 guys try to make theirs car look like a 13-14

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Hey fist! Looking nice. Are you gonna make the Mid America ford and Shelby meet in tulsa on the wek of the 15th? Also, where did you get the work done at?

musclefan21

Established Member
I don't know what's the big deal on this 5.4 and 5.8 thing. Get over it. I could give a rats ass if it said VTECH on mine. It was an upgrade for me and I did it. And enjoying the hell out of it. If I claim to be 5.8, then you have a point.

musclefan21

Established Member
Couldnt care less.... not my car. Just similar to putting fake badging on your car imo.

People put fake badge on their cars to claim to be someone who they aren't. People who upgrade to 13-14 blower that says 5.8 on it aren't after the 5.8 name, they are after it's efficiency over their stock blower. They aren't out there flashing the 5.8 badge. And let's not forget, it is under the hood!

What about the 5.0 boys with the boss 302 intake? It has been completely acceptable....

Clemson

Established Member
People put fake badge on their cars to claim to be someone who they aren't. People who upgrade to 13-14 blower that says 5.8 on it aren't after the 5.8 name, they are after it's efficiency over their stock blower. They aren't out there flashing the 5.8 badge. And let's not forget, it is under the hood!

What about the 5.0 boys with the boss 302 intake? It has been completely acceptable....

I get upgrading the blower - I guess its the painting the 5.8 to make it stand out.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'm jealous, I had mine powder coated but the blue isn't dead on perfect like your paint. Well done it's going to look great installed. Maybe this will help you get an idea of how it will looked installed
image_zps634e8404.jpg

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Oh and don't worry about the guys busting your chops about the 5.8, I left mine on too, just in case I ever have to rebuild my engine I'm increasing the displacement to yup you guessed it 5.8.

Users who are viewing this thread