Painted the wheels on my DD

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
Well I was bored last weekend so I decided to do this little project, I think they came out well for a do it yourself job. At first I didn't think I would like the black, but I like the way it looks.

accordzh4.jpg

bubbrubb

Nice, I did the same on my Hummer, but I taped off the machined parts of the rim to keep their finish. How many coats did you use? It would also look pretty good if you painted them the same color as the car IMO. Black w/o polished lips runs the risk of looking like a cheap set of steelies.

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
Thanks man, I actually painted the one side to match the color of the car at first, but didn't like how they turned out and switched to black. I used 2 coats of primer, and a few more light coats of black. Knowing me, I'll probably get bored of this look in a little while anyway and do something different :beer:

bubbrubb

Ah, sounds good. I'd look into putting a layer of duplicolor wheel clearcoat on it. I did that on my hummer, and it still looks good 2 years later.

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
looks good, better then spendin money on rims, i did the same thing with my old explorer, they came out good

Users who are viewing this thread